• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Fans Group

You decide?

• Total voters
The domain is registered, hosting will be secured this evening and my design team will get templates to me early next week. The aim is to have a front page up next week and full content late this/early next year. Will chat to you about costs etc tomoz mate

One Team - One Passion - One Voice

The Blue Voice: Mission Statement

1. Contribute towards making Fossetts Farm louder, and help enhance the match day atmosphere at the stadium.

2. To encourage supporters to sing loud and proud at all SUFC games, home and away.

3. Help make Fossetts Farm as fun and colourful as possible, again enhancing the matchday experience for all supporters.

4. To Encourage supporters to sing for 90 minutes and more at all SUFC games.

5. To encourage families to take part and feel involved in their club and community.

6. To welcome all nationalities, colours, creeds and genders to our club.

7. To add more traditional SUFC songs and chants to our support.

8. Recognise and honour heroes of SUFC, past and present.

9. To make the footballing world aware of the immense pride and passion we have for SUFC.

10. Help improve the 'togetherness' of our support, with regular Blue Voice displays on matchdays, which everyone can be involved in.

11. To emphasise loyalty to the group and to the club as a whole, creating a 'united' mentality.

Ok, that is just a rough idea of what The Blue Voice is about.

Any thoughts or things that could be added, let me know!..

This is a superb effort, but I would leave out point 11. Isn't this an outlet for vocal and colourful support for SUFC that emphasises loyalty to the club rather than the group itself?

I also wonder whether this is moving too quickly and should be timed with the move to Fossets Farm. I'm not sure how much can be achieved at Roots Hall.

This is a superb effort, but I would leave out point 11. Isn't this an outlet for vocal and colourful support for SUFC that emphasises loyalty to the club rather than the group itself?

I also wonder whether this is moving too quickly and should be timed with the move to Fossets Farm. I'm not sure how much can be achieved at Roots Hall.

The idea is to have this ready to coincide with the move to FF. Their maybe a couple of trial events next season at RH if agreed

Well bearing in mind Fossetts could be available in 18 months that doesnt give much time to organise it.

If this is to be an official group it does need to be in place and well known well before FF opens, especially if people are to be located in one area in the ground.

I wonder if the Trust etc will embrace it and whether if they dont it will just be a "splinter cell"...

I wonder if the Trust etc will embrace it and whether if they dont it will just be a "splinter cell"...

It'd be interesting to see how the trust views it, although I doubt they'll view it as a splinter group as plenty of people will be members of both.

It'd be interesting to see how the trust views it, although I doubt they'll view it as a splinter group as plenty of people will be members of both.

From Lee's etc chat a few weeks ago ..the trust is the way into the club ...There approval will make it all much simpler..All this has to be excepted by the club and the police to go forward. Lee is doing a great job and working with others such as the trust will benefit the endeavours to make this work.

Through little acorns grow trees.

:)

The Trust discussed this at our last Committee Meeting on Monday just gone and are very keen to help/embrace the idea.

However we would like someone to contact us regarding the idea etc. so we can discuss in greater detail how to move things forward.
For instance we have a Liaison Meeting with the Club on Weds 21st, when we could if you wanted us to, bring the whole idea up and gauge their response etc.

I wonder if the Trust etc will embrace it and whether if they dont it will just be a "splinter cell"...[/QUOTE]

The objective of Blue Voice is to improve the matchday experience for everyone, nothing else, and will not provide direct or indirect competition to any other Sufc supporters group. It is hoped all sufc groups can work together and provide valuable input on this exciting new proposal.

Indeed and I think its a great idea.

We do need one entity for this purpose and it would be nice if the Trust accepted this as the flag to fly as like you say its soemthing different to what the Trust does and shouldnt be viewed as competitive.

It would be great to go to Fossetts and to point to a section behind the goal and see a big group of people and say thats the "Blue Voice" Section...

Indeed and I think its a great idea.

We do need one entity for this purpose and it would be nice if the Trust accepted this as the flag to fly as like you say its soemthing different to what the Trust does and shouldnt be viewed as competitive.

It would be great to go to Fossetts and to point to a section behind the goal and see a big group of people and say thats the "Blue Voice" Section...

Which is the aim entirely. We all need to unite as one and make this happen!

I know its not much use too you, but Ive got a nice URL of "southendfanatics.com" and "ultrafanatics.com"

To be fair, i saw you at one game this year.

That was Brighton away.

Oh chit, its all making sense now!

:thump:

Damn, you've guessed it.

:(

It's quicker for me to get to Brighton than Roots Hall! I tend to sit with the Roots Hall aristocracy in the South Upper now anyway.

Day off work, chores done and bored ;)

Taking Lee's tag I spent a few minutes buggering about with PSP for a very basic banner idea.

153758.jpg

Last edited:
Back