• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

White Horse Contractors came back a few weeks ago to do some work. I think they were re-seeding and doing more prep work. There have been people working on it most days for the last few weeks. The pitches are looking green but there’s still no sign of the temporary buildings though! 😬
Hmm good news that pitches are being maintained but not good regarding buildings .

I’ve seen water company vans over there so if nothing else they are looking to connect the water supply. That’ll help the grass should summer eventually arrive.

When the original plans for the training ground were drawn up he had everything to do with everything!!!
But the new training ground he was said to have put 2 millon in .Fell into disrepair So i thought the concortium put momnies in to start the training ground from scratch So where does king rat come into the re grassed of the work done .

But the new training ground he was said to have put 2 millon in .Fell into disrepair So i thought the concortium put momnies in to start the training ground from scratch So where does king rat come into the re grassed of the work done .
I guess you just need to remember that he is at the very core of all of our troubles.

The consortium put some money in to get the grass redone, but are understandably holding off commiting more money to getting the facilities in place until they actually own the club.

They expected the club to be theirs' by now, and the reason it isn't can be traced all the way back to how complicated a deal Ron Martin's actions have turned this into.

It's got nothing to do with the pitches and them being "re grassed". The issue is around the changing room buildings etc. and the fact that the original plans (agreed whilst RM was in sole control) seem to be in a completely inappropriate configuration.

I guess you just need to remember that he is at the very core of all of our troubles.

The consortium put some money in to get the grass redone, but are understandably holding off commiting more money to getting the facilities in place until they actually own the club.

They expected the club to be theirs' by now, and the reason it isn't can be traced all the way back to how complicated a deal Ron Martin's actions have turned this into.
Will the consortium get the freehold of the training ground when the sale of the club is completed?

I appreciate why they can’t get the freehold of Roots Hall yet, but presumably the rat hasn’t mortgaged the new training ground up to the hilt as well!

It's got nothing to do with the pitches and them being "re grassed". The issue is around the changing room buildings etc. and the fact that the original plans (agreed whilst RM was in sole control) seem to be in a completely inappropriate configuration.
The original plans had permanent buildings! Yet another false promise

Anyone live near by or pass it and could get a photo of its current state?

That’s a little more difficult as it is within the airports FRZ. They would need permission to fly it, rather than just chucking it up.
Yeah, we have to check this any time we list a property at work in Eastwood or Leigh for exactly that reason!

The original plans had permanent buildings! Yet another false promise
I asked a question about this in advance of the meet the consortium evening. Here's my question and their answer.

The building of a permanent new training facility at Fossetts Farm was in the much later phases of the overall development and to be preceded by the use of portacabins. Now that the development of the training facility is not linked to the wider development on the site will the consortium consider bringing forward the construction of the permanent buildings? Can they outline, with a timeline, their overall strategy for the development of the new training ground. 

We will go more temporary on the Training Ground buildings (ie portacabins) as we need the money to go to Roots Hall refurbishment for now.

We also want to look at 4G pitches that are available to hire from the public as an additional source of revenue. We would need to put additional facilities there if we are to do this (change rooms, toilets, café etc).
I think we'll see revised plans for the permanent facilities at the training ground in due course. However I don't think it's a priority for them at the moment.

Back