• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am I the only one

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Tilly on Saturday, and Maher in tonights Echo, have both said "If we win on Saturday we're up."

NO WE'RE BLOODY NOT!

If we win by 1 more goal than Swansea beat Bury by (assuming Yeovil and Scunny also win) then we're up.

It's an attitude thing... if we go out to just try and win, then if we go 1-0 up the mentality changes as they think "job done". The chances are then we'll draw. If the mindset is to go and win by as many as possible, then, at 1-0 up we'll keep going. We need a decent win. I can see Swansea winning 3-0 but not 4 or 5. So if we win 3-0 or better then yeah, we're probably up. But not until 4:55pm on Saturday when the table hopefully has us somewhere in the top 3 will I believe it.

Maybe I'm just a bit deflated after Saturday. All I know is that I was nervous all last week ahead of the Yeovil match. Those nerves have been replaced by a resignation of whatever happens happens. We no longer have it in our hands 100%. We must rely on other teams for something, so lets just go out and do our best.

I'm sure we fans will keep the players apprised of what is needed as the games progress....

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 03 2005,14:15)]Tilly on Saturday, and Maher in tonights Echo, have both said "If we win on Saturday we're up."

NO WE'RE BLOODY NOT!

If we win by 1 more goal than Swansea beat Bury by (assuming Yeovil and Scunny also win) then we're up.

It's an attitude thing... if we go out to just try and win, then if we go 1-0 up the mentality changes as they think "job done".   The chances are then we'll draw.  If the mindset is to go and win by as many as possible, then, at 1-0 up we'll keep going.  We need a decent win.  I can see Swansea winning 3-0 but not 4 or 5.  So if we win 3-0 or better then yeah, we're probably up.  But not until 4:55pm on Saturday when the table hopefully has us somewhere in the top 3 will I believe it.

Maybe I'm just a bit deflated after Saturday.  All I know is that I was nervous all last week ahead of the Yeovil match.  Those nerves have been replaced by a resignation of whatever happens happens.  We no longer have it in our hands 100%.  We must rely on other teams for something, so lets just go out and do our best.
I think the problem is wider than this. The target should have been to go up as champions, not merely get promoted. We were top of the league and the talk coming from the team and management was of securing promotion, not that title.

Had we played to go up as champions I think we would already have secured promotion.

I am not looking forward to Saturday.

Grimsby is going to be a tough place to go and get a result, but for us to go there and put a couple of goals away ? !! I just cant see it happening.

I can also see Swansea going to Bury and thrash them. I can see them winning 3-0.

I can see us coming away from Grimsby with a playoff place, which i dont want. Hopefull this wont be the case

different ways of looking at, not everyone wants to be known as cocky smug gits by saying yes we are going to be champions and that is what we are aiming for. extra pressure also from that... p.s. saying promotion i don't think means that the players have laid back just so they get that
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ May 03 2005,14:20)]I am not looking forward to Saturday.

Grimsby is going to be a tough place to go and get a result, but for us to go there and put a couple of goals away ? !! I just cant see it happening.

I can also see Swansea going to Bury and thrash them. I can see them winning 3-0.

I can see us coming away from Grimsby with a playoff place, which i dont want. Hopefull this wont be the case
i see what your seeing, and i also like reading your posts everytime...
tounge.gif
as i presume i see the same thing you do there too
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 03 2005,14:22)]
[b said:

i see what your seeing, and i also like reading your posts everytime...  
tounge.gif
 as i presume i see the same thing you do there too  
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

[b said:

Can't see Swansea thrashing Bury. It's hard in fact to make a case for them winning there, bearing in mind Bury's recent form (please don't give their manager the MotM award) and Swansea's indifferent away form. That said it's hard to make a case for us winning as well. However, this all goes out of the window on Saturday. The likelihood is that Southend and Swansea will both pick-up the 3 points. I just can't believe that the Swans will do enough to catch us given this scenario.

If the worst case scenario happens on Saturday and the Swans do nick it on GD the equaliser scored at Northampton by Lee Trundle, who should have been suspended for 3 matches will have cost us promotion. Disgarceful!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 03 2005,14:15)]Tilly on Saturday, and Maher in tonights Echo, have both said "If we win on Saturday we're up."

Maher on the official Website is saying

We have to go there and win it and hopefully that will be enough.

So he is (and one would assume the rest of the players) that Swansea could nick it if they score more.

As for the sitting back bit. Who would you rather be playing at team who has to score 3 and are therefore piling forward or a teanm who just has to win.
If Both swamsea and us are 1-0 up with 15 to go I can see Bury getting an equaliser as the Swans commit me forward

Back