• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anton Ferdinand

Alright lads , St Mirren fan here.
As you know we have Anton on trial. Just looking for some information on him, and if you think he would be worth a contract with us ?
Cheers.

I feared that might be the case. He played quite a few games over the last couple of seasons for you.

He made an impact and helped sort out the defence when he arrived two years ago but last year looked a year too far.

Maybe if you've got a very young, quick defence and need some experience as he can read a game but he can't really run any more.

With the signings that Alan Stubbs has left us with, we're desperately in need of some experience at the back. But given that Scottish football is 100mph with very little time on the ball, I doubt he is what we need.

Alright lads , St Mirren fan here.
As you know we have Anton on trial. Just looking for some information on him, and if you think he would be worth a contract with us ?
Cheers.
I'm not convinced that he's finished, his 1st season here he wasn't exactly mobile but he read the game so well that he had an outstanding season. I think he played a lot with niggling injuries last season and he had some shocking performances because of it. He won't be able to play twice a week but manage his games and I think there is still a half decent player there

I suppose it will depend on how he shows up in training this week. With the level of experience he's got, I'd be tempted to take a chance on him , a short-term deal perhaps.

After a great first season with us, unfortunately he made a few costly errors last season and became a target for the boo boys. I think that affected his form, along with some personal issues. It may be that a new club will give him a better chance to play on a bit longer.

He reads the game very well, pace has never been his thing and I think he can still do a good job for you but I don't believe he can play weekend and midweek games without getting injured.Finally he is a nice friendly bloke and, imo, a good influence on a dressing room.

He makes up for his lack of mobility by being able to use position and awareness, reads the game really well - as others have said. I think he's still got another season left playing, but he needs to further adapt to cover his age related deficiencies. Surprised he's headed as far north as he has, fully expected him to remain more local, his family is very important to him.

To be fair , there's no way we could attract a player with his experience if his career wasn't winding down.
One of things we've been missing is experience at the back , so hopefully if we do sign him , he'll have enough left in the tank for a season.
We've only got Celtic in our next fixture on Friday night , so he should stroll that if he signs:Smile:

To be fair , there's no way we could attract a player with his experience if his career wasn't winding down.
One of things we've been missing is experience at the back , so hopefully if we do sign him , he'll have enough left in the tank for a season.
We've only got Celtic in our next fixture on Friday night , so he should stroll that if he signs:Smile:

He's certainly not going to sprint it.

Back