• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Excluding fuel where have you really noticed this?

My semi regular lunch baguette has gone up from 60p to 70p and I paid 99p for a bag of onions the other day which seemed a bit steep.

Excluding fuel where have you really noticed this?

My semi regular lunch baguette has gone up from 60p to 70p and I paid 99p for a bag of onions the other day which seemed a bit steep.

Not really to be honest.

Gas and Electric has though, I've noticed that.

Not cost of living per se, but certain things I enjoy blowing my money on (guitars, second hand vinyl, 35mm negative film) have been getting stupidly expensive over the last couple of years.

Morrisons own brand cheesy flavoured corn puffs. Have increased in price from £0.80 to £1.10. Only difference I can see is a quick glance and you would now mistake them for the leading brand.

On a serious note not really noticed it too much. However, i've been on a fixed tariff for Electricity and Gas which runs out this month. I'm sure i'll start to notice it then.

Greggs sausage rolls have increased from £1.00 to £1.05, such an inconvenience to those whole pound holders like myself.

Costa have added 30p to the cost of a medium white Americano. That’s me done, flipping waste of money as it was. Even if you do buy 8, get one free.

My workday vice is a large Starbuck Americano which goes for £3.50

It amazes me how much some people spend there - especially school and college students.

I have noticed price increases right across the board - in food shopping, in utilities (that has doubled) in clothing etc, etc, and not by 1 or 2p either by much more

The price of Petrol

1.456 per Litre (£5.512 a Gallon)

I can remember paying 1/6d per Gallon.

So a 15 Gallon tank used to cost £1.2s.6p to fill up, now costs £82.68+

Jar of Kenco, now £4.50 when reduced from regular £6 in the supermarkets, when it was £4 before Christmas.

Back