• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Dagenham & Redbridge FC v Southend United, Saturday 23rd October, 15:00, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • John White

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 56 70.9%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Harry Phillips

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 64 81.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Louis Walsh

• Rhys Murphy

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 61 77.2%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Benji Kimpioka

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
King Kevin is back, with a team of Benno and Darren Currie - wow, just wow!

For their first game at the reigns, they take the shortest trip of the season up the road to Victoria Road where all three of them plied their trade at various times in their careers.

With @StanleyVictorCollymore pulling the strings in the background (and communicating regularly about the process in the foreground) as well, there has been renewed optimism among blues fans this week and a sense that a corner might have been turned at last.

The new team won't have much time to spend with the squad before Saturday but I'm sure will have watched games on video, spoken to senior players and will no doubt have an idea how they will want to set up the team for Saturday.

We have not had any injury updates so far this week, but if we are to go into the game with the same back three as against Chertsey you would have to think we may struggle. Dagenham currently occupy 6th place after a flying start to the season. Although they have lost all three league games in October so far, they did get back to winning ways last Saturday away at Wealdstone and have 33 year old Myles Weston as a familiar face within their ranks.

What team will be picked for the start of a new era? Who knows, but maybe if Kev and the boys sneak a look on here they'll be able to see who is popular among the fans.

Suspect this will be too big a test too soon for Maher given the starting point Brown has left him with, think we'll lose but as long as the signs are there that we're heading in the right direction I won't mind too much.

Great optimism for the future but in the short term a very weak squad. Can't expect much from this against a strong side but very interested in the starting 11, set up and response from the players.

If fit I would expect Akinola to walk back into the starting 11. He had a prolific season under Currie before joining us.

It's hard to predict the starting 11 as I have no idea who is even fit, but I wouldn't be against something like this:

Arnold
JD Hobson Ralph Sayers
Ferg Phillips Dunne
Dalby Murphy Akinola
Dalby more of an inside forward than a traditional winger.

There's every chance that it turns out Maher is a huge fan of Italian football in the 90s and we'll see some of those Football Manager roles you've never heard of before being played!

I think the biggest change will be in the players attitude, im sure they will want to give 100% effort for the new management team , whether this will be good enough to get us either a win or draw im not so sure about,but at least it will give KM, DC and MK sone idea on whats required in the way off incomings. Im guessing there will be a large number of supporters there also to cheer them on .

If fit I would expect Akinola to walk back into the starting 11. He had a prolific season under Currie before joining us.

It's hard to predict the starting 11 as I have no idea who is even fit, but I wouldn't be against something like this:

Arnold
JD Hobson Ralph Sayers
Ferg Phillips Dunne
Dalby Murphy Akinola

There's every chance that it turns out Maher is a huge fan of Italian football in the 90s and we'll see some of those Football Manager roles you've never heard of before being played!
No place for Bridge in your team

Arnold
JD Hobson Ralph Sayers
Ferg Phillips Dunne
Dalby Murphy Akinola

Is Bridge out ?

I think Marky Gower has pulled a few strings to bolster our defence for Saturday ; so

--------------------------------ARNOLD-----------------------------
ALEXANDER ARNOLD ----MATIP ---VAN DYKE------ROBERTSON
--------------DUNNE ------FERGUSON----PHILLIPS--------------
----------AKINOLA-------MURPHY---------BRIDGE--------------

DALBY, RALPH , DEMETRIOU, SEADEN, SALAH.

Arnold

Demetriou - Hobson - Ralph - Sayers

Egbri - Bridge - Ferguson - Walsh

Murphy - Kimpioka

Bench: Seaden, Dalby, Dunne, Dennis, Howard

Arnold

Demetriou - Hobson - Ralph - Sayers

Egbri - Bridge - Ferguson - Walsh

Murphy - Kimpioka

Bench: Seaden, Dalby, Dunne, Dennis, Howard
You are PB and I claim my £5. :Smile:

Depending on injuries of course.

Arnold

Howard Hobson Ralph Sayers

Walsh Ferguson Phillips Bridge

Murphy Akinola

Subs. Seaden, Demi, Dunne, Rush, Dalby,

Last edited:
Maybe see ANG come back in to the fold. Anyone know if he’s still injured or just out of favour?

Back