• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Dein quits Ar$enal

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Interesting. One of the most influential figures in the premier$hite has left his club.

I'd like to think it was over some scandal, but its more likely to do with the failed takeover bid.

I was told 2 weeks ago tensions in the Arsenal boardroom were getting increasingly tense over this American gradually buying up a significant stake in Arsenal...

The American is being quite clever, coming in at a time when they need, to a certain degree, money to pay the huge debts at the cost of building The Emirates, but also at a time when Highbury is being redeveloped and the income generated by the rent/sale of flats will be immense.

I think Dein will trun up sometime in the near future with the american guy. however, I dont think Wenger particularly wants a massive cash boost as he prefers to build teams form young players. Their record sigining is still Sylvan Wiltord and thats about 7 or 8 years ago for 13 mill.

I think Dein will trun up sometime in the near future with the american guy. however, I dont think Wenger particularly wants a massive cash boost as he prefers to build teams form young players. Their record sigining is still Sylvan Wiltord and thats about 7 or 8 years ago for 13 mill.

And that would be indirectly related to the sale of Anelka anyway. Had they not generated £23 mill plus, the Wiltord transfer arguably may not have occurred.

hmm the third of the 'big 4' to be owned by a Yank?

Dein resigning tells me it could happen.

Hasn't Dein resigned because the takeover wasn't going ahead?

Presumably he has to give up his position on the FA as well, where he was an incredibly influential figure.

Stan Kroenke, the American that everyone keeps referring to, is a hugely influential sports figure here in Denver. He owns several teams including the Denver Nuggets (NBA), Colorado Avalanche (NHL), and the Colorado Rapids (MLS). He also owns two venues, the Pepsi Center which is home to basketball and hockey (as well as other, smaller sports) and Dick's Sporting Goods Park, the new home of the Rapids which is the largest professional soccer complex in the world. This is an addition to a Denver sports channel he started a couple years back called Altitude Sports. In February the Rapids and Arsenal struck an agreement to give Arsenal a way into the American market while the Rapids will have access to some of Arsenal's resources. In fact, the Rapids nearly changed their name to Arsenal Colorado. Most of the teams that Kroenke owns have had loads of recent success, and he invests quite heavily into them. Not only is he personally wealthy (I believe he made his money through real estate, but don't quote me on that) but he is also married to a Walton, the family that owns Wal-Mart. In a way he could be a lesser Abramovich since, to me at least, he has always seemed to choose winning over turning a profit.

Back