• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Directions to Bristol Rovers

Why do the directions in our programme send us miles and miles right round Bristol on the M4/M5 and then into the City?

Surely the more direct route is as follows and as per the Footy Mad Website:

"Take the M32 and exit at junction 2, then take the 3rd exit at the roundabout which is sign posted Horfield into Muller Road, continue for approximately 1.5 miles going straight across three sets of traffic lights and at the sixth set turn right into Filton Avenue, the ground is situated on your left hand side, it's probably best to park just before you get to the ground as once you have passed it Gloucester Road is very difficult to park on."

Surely this is the better way?

For those of you that have been to the latest tip Brizzle call home (I have only been to Eastville and Twerton) do you know which is the best way?

Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GoochDogHighFives @ Feb. 13 2005,16:59)]M32 is a better way.
You need to try to avoid the M5 and especially the city centre
Doug, thanks for the favour yesterday
biggrin.gif

Is this your season back on track then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 13 2005,17:36)]Doug, thanks for the favour yesterday  
biggrin.gif

It was a bit of a shock result
smile.gif

It was sweet until I realised that it help you lot out.

I have no idea where our season goes from here.
All I hope for is that we are still in with a shout when we play you, cos it would be unbearable to hear you lot singing "we're going up, your not!!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Feb. 13 2005,18:09)]Is the M5 that bad then getting into Brizzle?
Just speaking to the wife, who is from Bristol.
and she says take the M32 to Horfield.
Trust me!!

Mrs Gooch just said that there is an Ikea at the Horfield turn off .
Hope that helps

BTW She hates Orient as well

M32 is DEFINATELY the way! Even I know that here in Spain!!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GoochDogHighFives @ Feb. 13 2005,19:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Feb. 13 2005,19:12)]M32 is DEFINATELY the way! Even I know that here in Spain!!

WS
Do you have Ikea in spain then?
We do! Nearest is in Barcelona though, a good five hour journey north! But I don't think Bristol Rovers is near that one ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GoochDogHighFives @ Feb. 13 2005,18:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 13 2005,17:36)]Doug, thanks for the favour yesterday  
biggrin.gif

It was a bit of a shock result
smile.gif

It was sweet until I realised that it help you lot out.

I have no idea where our season goes from here.
All I hope for is that we are still in with a shout when we play you, cos it would be unbearable to hear you lot singing "we're going up, your not!!"
biggrin.gif

Funnily enough I hope that the game is important to both of us - if you come here needing to win that makes for a more open match, which I think suits us. Is your good lady a Brizzle fan, or have you converted her?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 13 2005,19:41)]Is your good lady a Brizzle fan, or have you converted her?
She is a bit indifferrent regarding football, but she hates Orient as it messes up our social life and hates it when I get home from a game with the hump after we lose.

So most weekends are not that good
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GoochDogHighFives @ Feb. 13 2005,19:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Feb. 13 2005,19:41)]Is your good lady a Brizzle fan, or have you converted her?
She is a bit indifferrent regarding football, but she hates Orient as it messes up our social life and hates it when I get home from a game with the hump after we lose.

So most weekends are not that good
ghostface.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Know exactly where you are coming from.... Doesn't following lower league teams just suck?

laugh.gif

Back