• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

f**king great!! Best moment of my life

J

The Chameleon
steve scruton, dj on bbc essex, has just played the song for the final!
as a shrimpers fan that was the best moment of my life hearing the lads sing
"we'll bring back the cup, and win promotion too!"
that was f**king quality.. superb!
and bbc essex have really publicised it this year and are getting behind the team

just heard it too, it is quality! Sounds amazing! Can we buy a copy?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 07 2005,16:06)]from the shop i think..
and do you really expect them to have some in stock?
rock.gif

come on the blues!

the boys are so up for this! i feel it...

come on blues... love you my blues darlings
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 07 2005,16:02)]and bbc essex have really publicised it this year and are getting behind the team
Well done to BBC Essex- but a massive get lost to Essex FM who were harking on about West Ham last night for the 5 minutes of Sport i happen to catch. When they did mention Southend, the presenter wished us luck in our 'LDV Cup Final against Bristol City'.
Idiots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 07 2005,16:06)]from the shop i think..
Given that a record doesn't have to sell many copies these days to make it to the top of the charts, we could have a number 1 on our hands
biggrin.gif

Anyone up for a trip to Top of the Pops? (Unfortunately, or should that be fortunately, I'm too old for that sort of thing.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ April 07 2005,16:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 07 2005,16:02)]and bbc essex have really publicised it this year and are getting behind the team
Well done to BBC Essex- but a massive get lost to Essex FM who were harking on about West Ham last night for the 5 minutes of Sport i happen to catch. When they did mention Southend, the presenter wished us luck in our 'LDV Cup Final against Bristol City'.
Idiots.
Oh dear. I'll email Alex and let him know...

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ April 07 2005,16:14)]
[b said:
Idiots.
I hate Essex FM with a passion. Everything about it. They play the same sh*tty music, have the most boring and bighead presenters going, and the Sport is a joke. Seems to be all West Ham this and West Ham that

To be fair they are doing a comp every eve around 530-6pm where you can win tickets for Sunday...

The other day the question was, When were Southend United formed...

Of course everyone knows its 1906....right??!!..

Wrong, a bloke after 25 million clues said 1904 and won the tickets!!

Says it all about Essex FM really doesnt it!!..

Interestingly enough they have a coach going up there on Sunday...

wink.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 07 2005,16:39)]To be fair they are doing a comp every eve around 530-6pm where you can win tickets for Sunday...

wink.gif
rock.gif
I thought our centenery was awesome last season.
Idiots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 07 2005,15:39)]To be fair they are doing a comp every eve around 530-6pm where you can win tickets for Sunday...

wink.gif
rock.gif
Probably think it's at Wembley, the dickheads.

Would the Essex FM coach have all their awful rent-a-gob DJ's on it? Imagine being stuck next to Martin fcuking Day all, erm, day...

The question for today was who is Southend United's top scorer? The lady got it right with Freddy Eastwood. Least they could get that one right.

Couldnt agree more about essex fm, I have to listen their garbage for 8 hours at work, and believe me listening to the same dozen records repeated endlessly day after day, aint much fun.

The sports coverage is a total joke Southend rarely feature first its usually all about Wets Ham, chelsea and the bloody Premier$hite. Stop listening to it and it might just go away.

Believe it or not, there is a crusade to get Southend back in the Essex FM coverage. There are plenty of things that have been recorded in the run-up to the final, but as they don't have the same ability/budget as BBC Essex, some things have taken priority.

To name a few things coming up or have appeared recently on Essex FM:

A feature in the news about fans from all over the globe buying tickets for the final - including audio from OS

An interview with Laurie Dudfield

sound bites with the following:

Steve Tilson
Kevin Maher
Spencer Prior
Mark Gower

as well as wishes from former favourites.

BBC Essex have a good budget, the ability to broadcast live games, a sports show, and unlimited speech-based programming- sadly for a commercial station like Essex FM, you have to promote programmes which make money, i.e. sell ads, which is something they are working on for Southend...

Back