• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FAO Mcscriven

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 23 2005,22:56)]May I suggest the usage of a program called Paltalk for future games.

It's a program that allows for speech to be broadcast to a number of people over the net. Basically it would involve one designated person turning on their radio and sticking a microphone next to it. This would then cause the commentary to be beamed to everyone else in the "room".

This should sort out the problems of Blues World. As for the legalities I'm not sure, but I know other supporters of other clubs do the same thing

wink.gif
Indeed, myself and Scriv used to use a similar package quite a few seasons ago to do this, although rather then a Mic I was able to go direct from the radio into the PC with one cable to maintain the sound quality.

However this was quite a few years before BluesWorld (and before Broadband which made things a nightmare) so although I know it can easily be done, in the current climate I'm sure we'd have a lawsuit on our hands.

Although premiertv have provided clubs with decent websites, which are kept up to date, they now have the monopoly on the market, a fact which I'm sure they will continue to exploit.

Like I said I thought there would be legal problems.

Surely though they'd have to find out where it was being done before they could issue warnings
wink.gif

Back