• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fights at football

Well, there was me and these five other Southend fans, right, and we turned the corner and there were 4 Col Ewe fans giving it. So me and my three mates gave it back to those 10 Col Ewe fans, and so they started coming for us. So I turned to the one lad with me and said to him "So what do you reckon, could we have these 50 Col Ewe lot?" and he said "Well I'd take them all on myself if I wasn't in this wheelchair".

So I charged at that group of 100 Col Ewe fans with baseball bats and they all fookin' scattered.

biggrin.gif

I am surprised that England's trips to Cardiff & Belfast this week appear to have happened without any trouble. Anybody heard if there was any or have the media hushed it up or, shock horror, everybody behaved?

No real scuffles so to speak...

Oxford Last season, me and a friend were trailed out of the bar in that sports complex, it all kicked off when we were called plastic cockneys (something my takes great offence to) was just a war of words until my mate had Beer poured over him then we were joined by about 12-15 other southend fans... The oxford fans made away pretty sharpish after that.

And at Grimsby, anyone who went would see the pockets of grimsby fans hiding in the streets waiting for some suckers to turn into one of 'em. I think the plan was for one guy to bate them, and to be chased into one of the roads... as Some guy was calling the group of us West Ham Rejects etc, the usual trash and by the time we turned the corner into the mainstreet after leaving the ground the mood was turning sour (as you might guess, after missing out of promotion and with the grimsby fans on the pitch early anyway)

Oxford away last season, fighting between our own fans in the pub and during the game. What ever happned to that bloke in the end?

Hartlepool always seem to provoke trouble, there nasty bunch those monkey hangers, i remember a cpl of there boys marching into the spread garden and enquiring where the southend "boys" drink. Some wanna be hooli then told them of the said pub at the time and off they marched. Dunno what happen when they arrived but I doubt it was handshakes and cherryade all round

Other story which makes me smile is when we played Cardiff about 3 yrs ago, and me and my brother were havin a beer in the Railway, someone in a very strong south wales accent was speaking on hes mobile when he turned to my brother and enquired of the pubs name, my brother proceeded not only tell this gentlemen the pub name but he was spelling the name of it out to him
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 09 2005,13:50)]Well, there was me and these five other Southend fans, right, and we turned the corner and there were 4 Col Ewe fans giving it. So me and my three mates gave it back to those 10 Col Ewe fans, and so they started coming for us. So I turned to the one lad with me and said to him "So what do you reckon, could we have these 50 Col Ewe lot?" and he said "Well I'd take them all on myself if I wasn't in this wheelchair".

So I charged at that group of 100 Col Ewe fans with baseball bats and they all fookin' scattered.
I told you a million times not to exaggerate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Sep. 09 2005,16:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 09 2005,13:50)]Well, there was me and these five other Southend fans, right, and we turned the corner and there were 4 Col Ewe fans giving it. So me and my three mates gave it back to those 10 Col Ewe fans, and so they started coming for us. So I turned to the one lad with me and said to him "So what do you reckon, could we have these 50 Col Ewe lot?" and he said "Well I'd take them all on myself if I wasn't in this wheelchair".

I told you a million times not to exaggerate.
Quality
biggrin.gif

I always remember one of my first SUFC away trips to Ipswich in 91/92 when the pub most of the Southend fans were drinking in got trashed by Jason Dozzell's brother amongst others when they launched a load of scaffolding poles through the window. On the way to the ground there was a single Shrimper wandering around with a snapped pool cue looking for retribution.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 09 2005,11:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 09 2005,10:01)]I'm looking forward to plenty of stories from F block junior chav brigade about how they taunted the away fans then ran like the wind.
tounge.gif
Hmmm ... Cardiff City about four or five years ago springs energetically to mind!! Never seen all those F-Block chav hoolie-wanabee kids run so fast ...

WS
I think you will find that was Swansea

The only trouble I've ever seen was Oxford last year, and the pitch invasion at Grimsby was rather ugly. Never been involved in any myself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Sep. 09 2005,00:53)]any stories about scuffles you have been involved in.. for the blues?
erm Orient away last season! I was the guy thrown down the stairs in the Home End!

I remember coming out of orient one sunday and me and some of the wickford contingent got scattered all across east london.It was fun all meeting back on the platform at wickford at different times after taking busses and trains and tubes to get home.

I've never had any problems at football, even when I park right in front of the grounds in my Southend sticker-adorned car (although I fear for the car's safety rather than my own!)

Bit worried when I parked outside the home area at Bradford, especially after we won, but thankfully they left the motor alone...

Well I have to admit this rather sorry episode;-

It was half time against Col******r. I spotted a fair few mob scurrying down the aisles to the rabbit warrens behind the East Stand.
"This looks like there could be some action" I thought so I hurried across the aisles middle fingering anyone who yelled  "SIT DOWN !". (no-one did...but that doesn't matter for the purposes of illustration)
.........Sure enough as I dodged the stewards and fronted the assembled masses I could see the decisive manouevre before me, .
"Jog On" I thought.
The crowd had assembled to the left of the tea bar, ignoring the arrow for East Greens to converge on the right.
"Have it!" I muttered as I took my place in the vacant queue and as I fronted the tea lady with my demands, " a cup of tea and a twix"
I could see the envy in those that gathered in the queue designated for the east blacks as I, with machiavellian stealth and prowess pushed my way into this empty spot. yeah, the adrenaline as I took my polystyrene filled cup of nectar brew whilst they, those who stood there motionless averting their eyes from my booty  salivated over those lips and arses burgers.

That's what it's all about, outflanking and outthinking. Like a Jackal in the dusk, knowing that at times like this, these special moments when you dive in and jump out and remain victorious. Awesome.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Sep. 09 2005,19:59)]I think you will find that was Swansea
Nope. It was indeed Cardiff City, Scott. 13th January 2001 to be exact. They were leading 1-0 until the very last minute when Rhys Weston (aka "the boy's a bit special") scored a spectacular own goal in front of the South Stand. Needless to say the F Block kids decided unwisely to goad the Cardiff fans as the final whistle sounded; the North Stand reciprocated and piled over the partition wall into "no man's land" and the F Block fled en masse along the front of the West Stand, charging "bravely" past small children and OAPs for the safety of the other side of the stand ~ very brave, lads! One of the funniest things I've seen at football ...

WS

Back