• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we can stay up.

I think we will stay up. What say you?

• Total voters
My heart says it’s still mathematically possible and I think Sol will do it.

My head says don’t be a stupid **** we are relegated.

We're going down but I think we'll put up a fight which is all you can really ask for given the circumstances.

Until its mathematically impossible, I'll stay positive.

All clubs have a bad patch in a season. I am hoping all the bad is just about over, we will go on a bit of a run, put a bit of a winning streak together and climb up the table

We’ll likely need another 29 more points based on MK Dons and Tranmere maintaining their season form. With 18 games left, that’s just over 1.6 PPG which requires us to turn our bottom feeding from into 5th place playoff form at the drop of a hat. Possible, of course. Likely? Not even close.

Hahahaha. To say we are staying up is just delusional. There is a chance but we see the mess infront of us... people can say we are gonna stay up, hope we stay up but anyone who actually thinks and believes we are going to stay up must be a sandwich short of a picnic.

Hahahaha. To say we are staying up is just delusional. There is a chance but we see the mess infront of us... people can say we are gonna stay up, hope we stay up but anyone who actually thinks and believes we are going to stay up must be a sandwich short of a picnic.

Various interesting points. Thanks.

I really think we can stay up.

Also, we being wheat intolerant, I try to avoid picnics.

Various interesting points. Thanks.

I really think we can stay up.

Also, we being wheat intolerant, I try to avoid picnics.
The teams we’ve been picking up points from recently tend to be at the bottom other than Rotherham who we played at home.... either way the teams we have now played twice are teams at the bottom such as MK, Accy, Wimbledon and Tranmere. Are you actually expecting us to pick points up against the better teams?? Next 5 games Donny(a) Lincoln (h) Blackpool(a) Posh(a) Cov(h) some quality sides there Lincoln the easiest fixture on paper if we are to stay up we have to be looking at 9 points there I can’t see us getting more than 3. Let’s revisit on 16th Feb after the Cov game

Last edited:
I checked SkyBet yesterday, and they had us at 1/66 to be relegated.

Or alternatively, we’re 14/1 to stay up.

The bookies rarely get these things wrong. It happens, sure. But I think they’re relatively safe with this one.

We’ll likely need another 29 more points based on MK Dons and Tranmere maintaining their season form. With 18 games left, that’s just over 1.6 PPG which requires us to turn our bottom feeding from into 5th place playoff form at the drop of a hat. Possible, of course. Likely? Not even close.

12th in the form guide currently. There is still hope

There's hope, of course there is. We're not mathematically down, and until we are then those of us optimists amongst the supporters can still believe we can stay up. I'm with you Matty.

I don’t think we will but I hope we will. Of course. I at least want us to give it a good go until it’s confirmed.

I think if we’re to make a fight of it we need to go on one of those winning runs that teams cut-adrift sometimes do, out of nowhere. If we could win 7 or 8 out of the next 10 (I know I know) we’d be right back in the mix, then it’s between us and probably 5 or 6 other sides. Does happen. Probably won’t..

We’re down. Too many variables at play here; too much reliance on things “gong our way” to have even a chance of survival. This, in a season where pretty much nothing has gone our way.

Personally I don't think we will stay up, but this season has no precedence in terms of points needed to stay up because:

• Only 3 teams go down
  • There are 6 less points to play for
  • Bolton started on -12
It's difficult to know where the line will be drawn, but over the last 10 seasons 3rd from bottom has finished on 45.2 points (I think). With 6 points less to play for it's very likely that that will be lower this season, so let's say 44 points needed for survival. We need another 31 points from 18 games, or around 1.7 ppg.

It's definitely possible even though I can't really see it happening...that said we're unbeaten in 2020!

Last edited:
Back