• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

brigg blue

Newbie⭐
I thought I'd get it started early as rumours are popping up on other threads.

So who are we likely to sign next month, we are still in with a chance of staying up and have space within our wage cap so Ron is likely to back MM strongly.

So what rumours have people heard? Who is the big lump that is 80% likely to sign?

I thought I'd get it started early as rumours are popping up on other threads.

So who are we likely to sign next month, we are still in with a chance of staying up and have space within our wage cap so Ron is likely to back MM strongly.

So what rumours have people heard? Who is the big lump that is 80% likely to sign?
I'd be happy keeping hold of Olayinka for longer tbh

Absolutely. However given his injury and the heavy pitches and the dubious nature of some D2 tackling (I was really disappointed with Clough's over physical approach) I fear Arsenal might feel they need to protect their investment. I hope not.

The way Arsenal are playing they might want Olayinka back for their own relegation battle ........
Was about to comment exactly the same. Need to look at those who's contracts end in January (Macca, White, Halford, and Hart?) and decide who we would like to keep.

Was about to comment exactly the same. Need to look at those who's contracts end in January (Macca, White, Halford, and Hart?) and decide who we would like to keep.

Macca, White, Halford, K Taylor, Sterling and Olayinka.

No contract length was given for Hart or ANG.

Last edited:
I'm eager to see the type of player MM wants to bring in this window. I think we have a good mix within the squad of youth and experience and I think he'll look to add quality to what we already have now. I think a striker should be number one priority, as impressive as Simeon Akinola has been, I don't think he is a #9 and it's a position we are lacking as I don't think Acquah and Goodship are good enough. By in large though, MM signings bar possibly Sterling (who has talent but it's just not happening for him) have made impacts. Hopefully more of the same this window.

2 strikers please - that'll bring us to 3 so competition for places, a decent option on the bench and cover for injuries/suspension

Centre back also needed, similar reasons

Look to keep Macca and Halford

And replacements for Olayinka and Taylor if they move on.

I'm eager to see the type of player MM wants to bring in this window. I think we have a good mix within the squad of youth and experience and I think he'll look to add quality to what we already have now. I think a striker should be number one priority, as impressive as Simeon Akinola has been, I don't think he is a #9 and it's a position we are lacking as I don't think Acquah and Goodship are good enough. By in large though, MM signings bar possibly Sterling (who has talent but it's just not happening for him) have made impacts. Hopefully more of the same this window.

This.

Macca, Olayinka and Taylor are all important enough to make a big effort to keep them until the end of the season.

Can see the pros and cons for White, but I think he’d probably take a cheap deal to the end of the season and when fit, he’s probably at least in our two best central defenders. Guess much will depend on this current injury.

Halford I’ve liked the look of in the very little we’ve seen, if he’s cheap then I’d keep hold of him but we’ll see with time.

Sterling can head back to Tottenham. Would rather have Halford up-front and another loanee would be hard-pushed to be worse.

Assuming we keep Olayinka I don't think we have need for another CM, there is him, Demi, Taylor, Macca, Klass and Phillips.

Wonder if we’ll take a look at Jordan Green from Barnsley again? Not sure if he’s fit or not after that injury at the start of the season though.

Wonder if we’ll take a look at Jordan Green from Barnsley again? Not sure if he’s fit or not after that injury at the start of the season though.

This may be controversial, but I think I'd pass on him due to Egbri's development. I wouldn't now see him as a significant enough upgrade over Terrell to be worth denying Egbri that development time.

Back