• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League Leader issue 21

Shrimpersunited

First XI
Friday 13th issue - Cureton makes front page.

Interesting stats on - most shots on target
- most shots off target
- most offsides
- most shots without a goal

You can guess which ones Freddy is near the top of!

League Leader

Interesting stats as to how teams score and concede.

We've conceded 37 goals from open play - only slightly more than we've scored ourselves in open play.

Where we've really struggled is from crosses and set-pieces. We've conceded a shocking 11 goals from crosses, 6 from corners, 3 from direct free-kicks and 6 from indirect free-kicks. 26 goals conceded in the air - no team (I think)has conceded more.

Our lack of height at centre-half and keeper really hurts us. That is why I was surprised that Sodje was dropped - as dodgy as some aspects of his game have been I think he's made us a lot more secure at set pieces and crosses. Barrett and Clarke will IMHO struggle to win enough in the air at the best of times, let alone when they are playing in front of a keeper that doesn't come for crosses. Tilly really needs to look at the balance of the team in the summer and address this issue.

Interesting stats as to how teams score and concede.

We've conceded 37 goals from open play - only slightly more than we've scored ourselves in open play.

Where we've really struggled is from crosses and set-pieces. We've conceded a shocking 11 goals from crosses, 6 from corners, 3 from direct free-kicks and 6 from indirect free-kicks. 26 goals conceded in the air - no team (I think)has conceded more.

Our lack of height at centre-half and keeper really hurts us. That is why I was surprised that Sodje was dropped - as dodgy as some aspects of his game have been I think he's made us a lot more secure at set pieces and crosses. Barrett and Clarke will IMHO struggle to win enough in the air at the best of times, let alone when they are playing in front of a keeper that doesn't come for crosses. Tilly really needs to look at the balance of the team in the summer and address this issue.

Make that a league worse 8 from corners now.

Back