• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

Kevin Phillips has left Hartlepool -
And they’ve replaced him with Darren Sarll -

Hull City who finished 7th just three points outside the Championship playoffs and play some of the best football in the division according to rival teams fans have sacked Liam Rosenior. Dumb statement from Chairman and owner Acun Ilıcalı follows:

“This has been the most difficult decision I have had to make as chairman of this wonderful football club. No matter how trying the circumstance, I have to remove personal sentiment from these moments and ensure the long-term vision of the club is at the centre of my thinking.
“Since Liam’s arrival, we have enjoyed an open working relationship and progress has undoubtedly been made over the course of his tenure. He will always be a part of this family and I thank him for all his work.
“However, it has become evident that our visions for the future are not aligned and I feel that now is the time to make a change. Our philosophy is clear, we will continue to drive this club forward, and whilst doing so I will continue to be open and transparent with our fans.
“I know what this football club can achieve, and we will not stop in the pursuit of that. We have worked hard over the last two years to develop our squad. We now have many highly talented players at our disposal and we will continue to invest and improve our playing personnel to give this club and its fans the success they deserve.”

Incredible at Hull. It's Birmingham City mark 2. Liam Rosenior has done a great job. Saved them from relegation last season, and then gets an average Championship team into seventh place. Turkish owner this time. With Birmingham it was an American owner. Injuries didn't help, and he had to use a few inexperienced younger players. Rosenior finished third in the Championships Manager of the Season awards. So the powers that be knew he had done wonders to get them where they were. Who knows, with a bit of help over the summer, he may have got them promotion next season. Some of these foreign owners just don't seem to know the game over here. They expect promotion from one of the hardest Leagues in the World, very quickly. I expect them to be mid table at best next season. Another classic own goal.

Hull fans not happy at all. They’re expecting a real statement of intent appointment is lined up. Step forward the orange one.

Incredible at Hull. It's Birmingham City mark 2. Liam Rosenior has done a great job. Saved them from relegation last season, and then gets an average Championship team into seventh place. Turkish owner this time. With Birmingham it was an American owner. Injuries didn't help, and he had to use a few inexperienced younger players. Rosenior finished third in the Championships Manager of the Season awards. So the powers that be knew he had done wonders to get them where they were. Who knows, with a bit of help over the summer, he may have got them promotion next season. Some of these foreign owners just don't seem to know the game over here. They expect promotion from one of the hardest Leagues in the World, very quickly. I expect them to be mid table at best next season. Another classic own goal.
Got a good mate ,living in San Sebastian who's a Brummie and a a Brum fan.He emailed me last week about their relegation.Can't say I empathised too much L1 sounds like luxury from where we are atm. :Sad:

Hull City who finished 7th just three points outside the Championship playoffs and play some of the best football in the division according to rival teams fans have sacked Liam Rosenior. Dumb statement from Chairman and owner Acun Ilıcalı follows:

“This has been the most difficult decision I have had to make as chairman of this wonderful football club. No matter how trying the circumstance, I have to remove personal sentiment from these moments and ensure the long-term vision of the club is at the centre of my thinking.
“Since Liam’s arrival, we have enjoyed an open working relationship and progress has undoubtedly been made over the course of his tenure. He will always be a part of this family and I thank him for all his work.
“However, it has become evident that our visions for the future are not aligned and I feel that now is the time to make a change. Our philosophy is clear, we will continue to drive this club forward, and whilst doing so I will continue to be open and transparent with our fans.
“I know what this football club can achieve, and we will not stop in the pursuit of that. We have worked hard over the last two years to develop our squad. We now have many highly talented players at our disposal and we will continue to invest and improve our playing personnel to give this club and its fans the success they deserve.”
this statement is nonsensical

Back