• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

.... indulged in some CD's and bought albums by, The Crescent, The Music, The Bandits, Electric Soft Parade and the latiest(ish) Coral aolbum. very good.
Any of the younger generation care to enlighten this old b@st@rd on other such good guitar based REAL bands worthy of a mention?

(and I like the libertines too!)

Was only saying to my other half the other day that all new music releases now days are cr*p!

Thought the Coral was OK in parts, Franz Ferdinand is woeful apart from 'Take Me Out', The Strokes new one is OK, but samey...

The best I've heard recently (and it is good guitar based rock) is Incubus' new album - excellent and definately worth a listen.

Nothing like the old(er) days, when I was buying a CD or two a week and getting excited when virtually every song on the latest Pearl Jam, Soundgarden or Stone Temple Pilots etc album was brilliant...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Feb. 14 2004,20:48)].... indulged in some CD's and bought albums by, The Crescent, The Music, The Bandits, Electric Soft Parade and the latiest(ish) Coral aolbum. very good.
Any of the younger generation care to enlighten this old b@st@rd on other such good guitar based REAL bands worthy of a mention?

(and I like the libertines too!)
REO Speedwagon
Toto
Journey
Boston

smile.gif

You could try Mercury by Longview, sort of a cross between The Doves and Coldplay.

or for something a little more off the wall, then Cast of Thousands by Elbow is good for chillin' to.

AC

Final Straw by Snow Patrol is really good.

Not quite fitting into the 'guitar based real bands' genre that you stated Artful Shrimper but the Joss Stone - Soul Sessions CD is worth a listen if you're at all into your Motown/soul stuff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 16 2004,20:25)]Joss Stone - Soul Sessions CD is worth a listen if you're at all into your Motown/soul stuff.
I'm a man of all tastes and soul/Motown takes me back to my "Vespa and rallies" days  so I will definately give it a download....
--

Of downloads if anyone's on Kazaa download the following

artist;- go home (its actually go home productions)
or title ;- ray of gob
or;- god save madonna

Excellent remix of Sex Pistols/Madonna. Played it full blast Absolutely wicked
Ray of Gob is better than God Save Madonna but they're both worth the download. Apparently York City played it befoire one of their matches.

Lost Prophets - Cry Me a River and Last Train Home

FFAF - Escape Artists Never Die

Hundred Reasons are also back but i cant remember the name of their new single. Silly me!

Bit of a slow time of year although Blink have also got a new single coming out which is very mellow but that title has escaped the old memory as well!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

Blink 182 are probably the only decent band at the moment, last train home by the lost prophets is good but thats all it is, good. Oh and a couple of remixes to download:
Justin Timberlake Vs Eminem- Cry Me a River and Superman.
Nirvana Vs Destiny's Child- Smells Like Teen Spirit and Bootylicious.

Alexis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alexis_SUFC @ Feb. 17 2004,13:41)]Blink 182 are probably the only decent band at the moment
Is that true?

Are blink 182 the only decent band at the moment.

Can anyone confirm this?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 17 2004,14:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alexis_SUFC @ Feb. 17 2004,13:41)]Blink 182 are probably the only decent band at the moment
Is that true?

Are blink 182 the only decent band at the moment.

Can anyone confirm this?
No. As musical taste is entirely subjective, no-one can confirm this.

On the subject of B182, anyone got any information about the hot japanese chick in the 'Feeling This' video??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Feb. 17 2004,15:15)]On the subject of B182, anyone got any information about the hot japanese chick in the 'Feeling This' video??
Yes. She's the current paramour of chief steward Clive.

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

New single out yesterday - I havent bought a single for years - these guys are seriously good. Do yourself a favour, go out there and buy a copy.
New album due out

Check out BBC 6 website for some live music
or
Keane Official Website

Just if anyone is interested, Midweeks for this weeks Singles chart are as follows...

SINGLES

1- BUSTED - 8,806 ---New
2- SAM & MARK - 6,812
3- KEANE ---- new
4- LMC VS U2 ----------TOP TUNE (me big dance fan)
5- KELIS
6- RONAN KEATING
7- OUTKAST
8- BOOGIE PIMPS
9-DEEPEST BLUE ---- new
10-RAGHAV
11-ALEX PARKS --- new
12-BELLE AND SEBASTIAN --- new
13-MICHELLE
14-2PLAY FT RAGHAV & JUCXI
15-FATMAN SCOOP/CROOKLYN CLAN
16-SEAN PAUL FT SASHA
17-STEREOPHONICS
18-BLAZIN' SQUAD
19-CLEA ---- new
20-FERRY CORSTEN
21-OZZY & KELLY OSBOURNE
22-HUNDRED REASONS
23-KATIE MELUA
24-LUTHER VANDROSS
25-LOSTPROPHETS
26-SPEEDWAY
27-AUF DER MAUR
28-STILLS
29-WILL YOUNG
30-SNOW PATROL
31-MICHAEL ANDREWS FT GARY JULES
32-SUMMER MATTHEWS
33-JAGGED EDGE
34-EMMA
35-UD PROJECT
36-FRANZ FERDINAND
37-MAROON 5
38-PINK
39-STROKES
40-IKARA COLT

Not much new stuff in the top ten, again this week!!

These are obviously only Sunday and Monday sales and are subject to change, but Monday is best sales day (maybe Saturday)

Intestingly, there is only a difference of 3 sales between Deepest Blue - Give it Away (9) and Raghav (at 10)

Dave

Back