• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nobody knows we're here!

Just looked on bbc.co.uk and saw this quote from Yeovil manager Gary Johnson after last nights game against Northampton,

"If we start dropping our heads now we'll work our away out of the top of the league. I've shot them down in flames but I've picked them up as well.

"We've got to stay very positive. Three other teams have to win three more games than us so we're in the A1 spot."

Does anybody actualy take us seriously?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,12:33)]Does anybody actualy take us seriously?
No - and long may it continue!

tounge.gif
cool.gif

The longer no one gives a monkeys about us, the more opportunity we'll have to spring surprises on clubs, and slide unnoticed into the top 3.

I couldn't give a shiny sh*t what Gary Johnson thinks of us... let's just concentrate on ourselves, and sod the rest of 'em. It has served us pretty darn well so far this season!

biggrin.gif

Absolutely.

I hope we make headlines on the final day of the season and cause the country's media to exclaim

"Where did they come from?"

Back of the pack, quietly getting on with things. We're in the best place.

Blue Army!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,11:33)]Just looked on bbc.co.uk and saw this quote from Yeovil manager Gary Johnson after last nights game against Northampton,

"If we start dropping our heads now we'll work our away out of the top of the league. I've shot them down in flames but I've picked them up as well.

"We've got to stay very positive. Three other teams have to win three more games than us so we're in the A1 spot."

What he says is completly true. If 3 other teams win 3 more of the remaining games than they do then promotion will no longer be certain.

If he was talking about top spot it would of course be twaddle.

Maybe he meant us as one of the three, as there are three teams that have played the same number of games and 6 points behind.

Macc have a game in hand so maybe he was treating them differently.

I don't see what the problem is. He's saying that if three teams (out of the four who are six points behind them) win three games more than Yeovil do then Yeovil won't get promoted. He doesn't say which three clubs. It certainly isn't a dig at Southend United.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jro @ Mar. 02 2005,14:26)]Maybe he meant us as one of the three, as there are three teams that have played the same number of games and 6 points behind.

Macc have a game in hand so maybe he was treating them differently.
Like The Fitter has said above your post, jro... I think Johnson was referring to the fact that there are 3 places for 3 teams for automatic promotion. I don't think he was referring to any 3 teams in particular.

Surprised at MtS for not seeing this.

tounge.gif

Oh, and if we really believe we're going un-noticed, why do we then state that at every home game, teams come to us playing for the draw and sticking 10 men and the team bus behind the ball?

Of course we've been noticed.

I don't mind comments being made about Southend. Just as long as they don't come from that idiot at Sky... You know who you are Chris Kamara!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 02 2005,13:28)]I don't see what the problem is. He's saying that if three teams (out of the four who are six points behind them) win three games more than Yeovil do then Yeovil won't get promoted. He doesn't say which three clubs. It certainly isn't a dig at Southend United.
I thought we (and two other teams) only had to get two wins and a draw more than Yeovil, for Yeovil not to go up.

Just out of interest, I've just looked at Macc's next few fixtures and out of their next 7 games, they have to go to Northampton, Shrewsbury, Swansea, Scunthorpe and Oxford, and they only have home games against Borient and Boston, so I can see them dropping a few points in those.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,11:33)]Just looked on bbc.co.uk and saw this quote from Yeovil manager Gary Johnson after last nights game against Northampton,

you are right no one knows, i didn't know. it is all knew. well spotted.

Back