• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank Survey

Who's going to start it up though? I doubt the SZ team are really that bothered (and are probably too busy anyway) ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 02 2005,22:06)]You could start an online petition in a similar way to the mayoral one.  That way, people would have to commit by writing their name.  Not failsafe but better, I'd think
I second that motion..

Mods, lets get an online petiton going weaver styleeee please...

rock.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Yeah, I thought about that when I wrote 'You' at the start of the post but couldn't be bothered to change it.

I would have thought that the best person to lead the petition would be the person who feels most strongly about it. If the genuine demand is there, I doubt it would be too hard generating support.

From my perspective, Scriv's commments on another thread suggest that the club have reviewed extending the West Stand to the North-West and this resolves my issue with the stand completely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 02 2005,22:56)]I would have thought that the best person to lead the petition would be the person who feels most strongly about it.  If the genuine demand is there, I doubt it would be too hard generating support.
Yep. I doubt any of the mods (including me) are really that bothered about it - and done it all before - so it's probably best if someone like Smiffy or SUFC4EVER inaugurates the petition.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 02 2005,23:02)]http://www.petitiononline.com/RTTNS/petition.html

I would have added the Shrimperzone address to it but I will wait till its offical that the people behind shrimperzone are in favour.
Why have you added the ShrimperZone address? We've already established that more than half of the SZ community who voted earlier this week don't want to move back to the North Bank.

"Not In My Name" and all that!

wink.gif

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,22:23)]I doubt the SZ team are really that bothered (and are probably too busy anyway) ...
rock.gif
I will talk with the others later on and see what we think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,22:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 02 2005,22:56)]I would have thought that the best person to lead the petition would be the person who feels most strongly about it.  If the genuine demand is there, I doubt it would be too hard generating support.
Yep. I doubt any of the mods (including me) are really that bothered about it - and done it all before - so it's probably best if someone like Smiffy or SUFC4EVER inaugurates the petition.

WS
Probably the best way forward, then once it starts rolling, everyone else can get involved.

Well Trueblue has started one up..  

Here

Can we have it as a sticky at the top of the board, or does SZ not endorse it as yet?.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,13:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Mar. 02 2005,10:47)]I think what our esteemed skipper was trying to say in his Ilford Oirish way, was that if 45% (and not 40%) want to move to the North Bank, what is the breakdown of where the remaining 55% want to stay.
Ah! OK ...

South Stand - 35%
West Stand - 35%
East Stand - 30%

WS
I'm getting really confused now.

If 35% of people want to stay in the South Stand, 35% want to stay in the West Stand and 30% stay in the East Stand, that means 0% want to move to the North Bank. I'm sure it was more than that!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 03 2005,10:42)]Well Trueblue has started one up..  

Here

Can we have it as a sticky at the top of the board, or does SZ not endorse it as yet?.

rock.gif
I suggest you start a petition for SZ to endorse the petition regarding a return to the North Bank.

wink.gif

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 03 2005,09:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 03 2005,10:42)]Well Trueblue has started one up..  

Here

rock.gif
I suggest you start a petition for SZ to endorse the petition regarding a return to the North Bank.

wink.gif

tounge.gif
Much better idea. The Mayor petition was topical, and 95% of people were in favour of doing something. This time round, the response is OKish and to be honest, of that response some didn't want to go back. And as pointed out, and which Ron will undoubtedly use in his defence is that last time we did something similar it falled flat despite extensive media coverage.

Personally, it's a tough one to gauge. I was never in the North Bank myself, but can understand the sentiments. However, a one-off trial match would create all kinds of logistical problems. But if we leave to a pre-season match you wouldnt get the support. I think the way forward medium term is to let Ron know that at the new stadium (if it happens of course) there HAS to be something similar.

However, having said all that, I and SZ would be happy to support anything that the majority of people on here would support. It's a democracy after all.

I had a feeling this might happen and now I'm confused as to what to do.

I don't agree with the wording of the petition but partially agree with the sentiment. Does that mean I should sign it or not?

I'd be as happy with the North-West corner as the North bank. Where would we put the away fans if we moved back to the North Bank?!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 03 2005,11:19)]Where would we put the away fans if we moved back to the North Bank?!?
I say stick 'em in the South Lower!

laugh.gif

I am, of course, ignoring segregation issues.

Back