• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank

North Bank - Is it a logical move?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
its all gonna be tricky to get it sorted, like to see it happen though, espescially for our last season at the hall!

Better poll:

Is this poll a load of b******s that has been talked out over and over and O V E R again?

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Feb. 12 2005,23:22)]Better poll:

Is this poll a load of b******s that has been talked out over and over and O V E R again?

upside.gif
Indeed. It's been done to death. There will be NO return to the North Stand. It has been done and dusted over two years ago ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 13 2005,02:15)]the percentage so far thinking it viable!
I'm sure the percentage in favour of a return was even more overwhelming last time when the club actually alllowed supporters to vote on it.

SZ is not a reliale gauge for what other supporters might think and they might vote, I think. And the club aren't going to act just because the SZ community want them to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 13 2005,01:15)]the percentage so far thinking it viable!
Get real. I really don't think the club are going to act in response to FOURTEEN people voting in favour on an unofficial website. It will need a response of several hundred.

Remember, just 26 people responded to the poll conducted by the club at the home match against Hartlepool United on October 25 2002. TWENTY-SIX. Take into account that probably 300 travelled from the north-east, around 4,900 "home" fans entered the stadium. The programme was reduced in price to encourage maximum response to the poll but I guess a third actually purchased it - that's just over 1,600. Of those less than 5% actually responded to the poll and of those just under 34% actually wanted to see the North Bank returned to home fans ... that's just over 0.5% of the home attendance that evening. That's certainly nowhere near the amount of interest SUFC would need to even consider it again.

Mount a campaign again if you wish but I very much doubt ShrimperZone or the Evening Echo would get involved again. We've been down that road before and quite simply the masses were not interested. You'd need to get 700 - 800 CONFIRMED responses ... at least ...

WS

the problem I felt last time is you need to do it for real and find out if it is viable. on a personal not I aint really bothered with it any more what worries me more is in a few years time if we will have a stadium at all!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 13 2005,10:18)]the problem I felt last time is you need to do it for real and find out if it is viable.
Do WHAT for real?!

If you're talking about the campaign of October 2002 then I don't think we could have got more "real" and Scriv certainly worked his arse off trying to motivate enough response to make the move "viable"!!

Through this website and through the local media we managed to persaude the club to look seriously at making a return "viable" and, to their credit, they did what we asked. And then they played the ball firmly back into our half of the court and said 'if you want it back, we'll pay for it, but you need to show us IN NUMBERS that there really is a desire to return'. But no-one was really bothered.

Three years down the line and I don't feel that lack of desire has changed much. I can't see the lads and lasses in the South Upper forsaking their exemplary view for the cramped conditions of the North Stand, where the view is, quite frankly, one of the worst in football. I can't see many people from the East and West Stands forsaking their pre-match and half-time pints for the spartan facilities "offered" by the North Bank. At the end of the day I would guess that less than 4% of our current average gate would consider moving.

Sorry ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 13 2005,10:47)]Then I feel it should be right to focous our efforts on having a terraced section in the new ground if possible?
Ron Martin made it clear a couple of years ago that there will be NO terracing at the new stadium, much to our chagrin.

WS

I think only clubs in the top two divisions need to be all-seater stadiums so by including terracing in our new stadium one would be both accused of lack of ambition (in terms of success of the team) and lack of financial acumen (in terms of having to introduce all-seater policy if the club was promoted to Level 2 or even 1 - the Premier$hite).

I'll just check though ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 13 2005,11:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]even 1 - the Premier$hite
we can dream
smile.gif
Personally i don't wanna be in that league, with a team full of foreigners and a stadium full of west ham fans. Thats just me though!

Back