• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NOTW today...

EastStandBlue

Life President
Quite interesting, Links Trundle with a janurary move to Everton, but more interestingly notes that Charlton and West Ham are taking a shine to James Lawson...

If true which it probably isn't, Lawson has to ask himself if it's better for his development to be either on Blues' bench or occasionally playing in the league than playing for W*** H** or Charlton reserves if he's lucky. He'll be on more money no doubt but I think he'd be mad to give up what he's got now. Plus Brushy has a good record for bringing youngsters on.

With the run of games Swansea have coming up they'll surely be well ahead of everyone including Huddersfield come the New Year, the only thing that could (possibly) stop them then is the departure of Trundle.

As for Lawson I'm sorry but why on earth are Charlton & West Ham looking at him (if indeed the story is accurate), if it was Freddy I could understand but while I rate Lawson and think he'll be a good asset or us this season I very much doubt he'll ever be good enough for the Premier$hite
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 27 2005,12:44)]With the run of games Swansea have coming up they'll surely be well ahead of everyone including Huddersfield come the New Year, the only thing that could (possibly) stop them then is the departure of Trundle.

As for Lawson I'm sorry but why on earth are Charlton & West Ham looking at him (if indeed the story is accurate), if it was Freddy I could understand but while I rate Lawson and think he'll be a good asset or us this season I very much doubt he'll ever be good enough for the Premier$hite
rock.gif
The answer to this is simple. West Ham are building for the future... and they know that the future is not in the Prem.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Nov. 27 2005,12:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 27 2005,12:44)]With the run of games Swansea have coming up they'll surely be well ahead of everyone including Huddersfield come the New Year, the only thing that could (possibly) stop them then is the departure of Trundle.

rock.gif
The answer to this is simple. West Ham are building for the future... and they know that the future is not in the Prem.

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Great we have all the rumours about Freddy, now its about Lawson, I hate being successful

I love this rumours, it shows that the Club and the players in particular are doing well and making a name for themselves. To have Clubs like Charlton Athletic West Ham United and interested in James Lawson is great for the boy.

I'm hopeful that he and the Goat are partnered in attack together for the MK Dons match. I didn't see the Vale match, but Vs Swansea and Notts Forest, Eastwood didn't look interested to me, granted the service wasn't brilliant to the front two but it wasn't brilliant last season either. Last season, notably Vs Oxford at home, Eastwood went looking for the ball and making things happen whereas this season he hasn't done that as much.

I'm not having all this rubbish about him being man marked, he is talented enough to get away from this defenders. The defenders are that much better in League One than in League Two, the only real difference is the finishing and the supply to the front two, so him being man marked isn't a valid reason as to why he has been off form. Perhaps he is becoming unsettled at the Club after this transfer rumours and rumours linking him with a call up for the Under 21's, which is reason enough to perform well.

hopefully Lawson will start on saturday and bang a couple of goals in, we could get even more attention from the Prem scouts

it's nice to know that 'little Southend' are still getting lots of press coverage!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 27 2005,11:44)]With the run of games Swansea have coming up they'll surely be well ahead of everyone including Huddersfield come the New Year, the only thing that could (possibly) stop them then is the departure of Trundle.

rock.gif
Were you at Vale?

He played some great football, before I would've been that same (didn't think he was much of anything), but he was playing the ball around beautifully and looked dangerous; obviously getting the assist as well.

Back