• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Nov. 25 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 25 2005,01:00)]...155,253.

cool.gif
wow.gif

Blimey - I'm not suprised you remember that!

Not much point starting a "Biggest Game" thread then...

upside.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 25 2005,14:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Nov. 25 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 25 2005,01:00)]...155,253.

cool.gif
wow.gif

Blimey - I'm not suprised you remember that!

Not much point starting a "Biggest Game" thread then...

upside.gif
biggrin.gif
But I bet Shrimp on the Wing does anyway
tounge.gif

By the way, surely a crowd of 155,000 disqualifies it from being 'obscure'?!!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 25 2005,16:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Nov. 25 2005,15:35)]By the way, surely a crowd of 155,000 disqualifies it from being 'obscure'?!!
rock.gif
Indeed, hence my original statement:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 24 2005,11:13)]Nah, don't do obscure.

tounge.gif
It's a fair cop.
down.gif

1980 ish at Home Park, Plymouth saw Jim Davidson's all stars v George Best XI An apt memory for today. George's team won 11-9 thanks to a hat trick from the man himself and a wonder goal (30 yard screamer) from Ian Gillian of heavy metal fame.

or Oxford v Wigan in the mid 80's, went for the protest v Maxwell for his Thames Valley Royals aborted attempt. Ran on the pitch to protest - still not sure why.

or Aberystwyth v Britton Ferry in 1992, went as we were visiting my sister in law at Uni there and it seemed better than going shopping and it was a Saturday and you are meant to go to footie on a Saturday

or Dorchester v Chelmsford 1995, went cause in Weymouth visiting father in law and felt the need to get out to a footie game (it was a Saturday) - had a Chelmsford scarf for a reason that now elludes me and the Chelmsford City goalie greeted me with a cheery surpised hello, I suppose not being used to away fans that far away.

or Weymouth v Bashley Xmas 1994, similar reasons to above and I thought it was about time my three year old niece was blooded in the fine art of football

or England v Northern Ireland in 1975 when I got a free ticket from the Evening Echo for winning the most new orders in a given period from my paper round. Spose not an obscure match but the reason for being there was and a poss new thread - what competition have you won at a footie game or related to football?

or Chelmsford v Trowbridge in 1995 cause it was the last match at their New Writtle Street ground - a streaker ran on the pitch with a 'save our City' banner covering his modesty.

or QPR v Newcastle in the mid 80's, changed mind at last minute to go to this instead of Arsenal v West Ham. The latter was 0-0, the QPR game was 5-5 with Waddle scoring 4. Don't spose this was an obscure game, but the reason for being there was.

or, and that's it for now, Port Vale v Exeter in 1993 in the LDV (or whatever it was then) southern semi just cause I happened to be passing and hadn't been to Vale Park and thought I'd take the risk of getting told off for being late home to notch up another ground.

or....that's prob enough for now. Neat topical start and end to this post don't you think? Boy what a load of sh!te I've seen over the years (non SUFC games of course).

Up the Blues

Back