• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Omens again?

rabbloke

Coach
An 81 year record broken by an 81st minute goal. On the way to 81 points?
smile.gif

Am I right in thinking that Southend United have only once finished a season in first place? Could anyone remind me what year that was? I'm not entirely sure...

I don't think 81 points will be enough to join the 1981 team's first place (if it was still 2 points for a win, well.....)

This team keeps breaking records, the 17 unbeaten in all comps, now 8 straight in the league, would love to think they could go on to emulate the '81 side and win a league championship.

Could we get Chas 'n' Dave to do a re-recording 'It's Lucky for Blues when the numbers 81'?

And have we got any 81 year-old ex-players who perhaps ought to be playing again to test out the theory?

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Oct. 10 2005,09:01)]An 81 year record broken by an 81st minute goal. On the way to 81 points?
smile.gif
May not be enough for automatic promotion but it'd get a playoff spot.

We can only hope...!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 10 2005,14:11)]8 games won and we've equalled the record.
1 more and we've beaten it.

You gotta love 81.
Er...no! The record was 7 successive wins so we've already beaten it. I'll settle for an 8-1 win at Doncaster!

I noticed in the West (W Block) that three people sat in front of me had followed Tilly's lead in not getting his hair cut until we lose except they had applied the same rule to having a wash. Anyone else adopted any superstitions that make people sititing around you want to vom?

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ Oct. 10 2005,14:43)]I noticed in the West (W Block) that three people sat in front of me had followed Tilly's lead in not getting his hair cut until we lose except they had applied the same rule to having a wash. Anyone else adopted any superstitions that make people sititing around you want to vom?

wow.gif
Yep, have worn the same (unwashed) trousers for all games
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Oct. 10 2005,14:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 10 2005,14:11)]8 games won and we've equalled the record.
1 more and we've beaten it.

You gotta love 81.
Er...no! The record was 7 successive wins so we've already beaten it. I'll settle for an 8-1 win at Doncaster!
Oh bugger.

Trust you to let some facts get in the way of a really nice argument!!

tounge.gif

8-1 win for us at Doncaster it is then.

Back