• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pets

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
I know there are plenty of animal lovers amoungst us, so I figured why not have a thread dedicated to our pets.

I’ve got two staffies, the oldest is Zeberdee who’s just turned 14;

His hobbies inculde eating, sleeping & barking at pigeons who sit on the garden fence,

40F934E4-7BEB-45AD-81EA-5914D7D0CF8E.jpeg

7218B29E-D97A-4956-9CF4-21812A118EBA.jpeg

This is Maurice the rescue cat. Landed on his paws when the cat women from the cat protection league hustled me for £50 to give him a fresh start. He's 13 and likes airing what's left of his genitalia whenever the sun shines. Hobbies include watching birds feed around him and the frogs from the pond hopping past him. Not a great hunter but we love him.

maurice 5.jpgMaurice in the sun (2).jpgmaurice in the sun 3.jpg

I had some Koi carp once but they seem to have gone missing................:ROFL:

Allergies mean my pet choices are limited. I'm working on getting a pond built in the garden so i can get back to my fish keeping past

This is Maurice the rescue cat. Landed on his paws when the cat women from the cat protection league hustled me for £50 to give him a fresh start. He's 13 and likes airing what's left of his genitalia whenever the sun shines. Hobbies include watching birds feed around him and the frogs from the pond hopping past him. Not a great hunter but we love him.

View attachment 12464View attachment 12465View attachment 12466

Pretty boy. He certainly loves a spot of sunbathing

Pretty boy. He certainly loves a spot of sunbathing
Ironically we have always had dogs. Our last one was a long haired German Shepherd bitch who believed she was human. Sadly she died before her time with cancer and because of the hurt and attachment we had to her we haven't had another dog since. Maybe when Maurice drops off the perch................

Lovely to have pets.
I had a cat many years ago and when the time came to say goodbye it literally broke my heart and said I would never have another one.
I have thought about getting another pet a few times but as I still work and go on several holidays I just don’t think it would be fair

Lovely to have pets.
I had a cat many years ago and when the time came to say goodbye it literally broke my heart and said I would never have another one.
I have thought about getting another pet a few times but as I still work and go on several holidays I just don’t think it would be fair
Same sentiment here although a cat seems to have adopted me!

Love Staffs.Had 2 in the past.My first one looked very much like your one.Lovely face

They’re wonderful dogs, staffies. The reputation they get is wholly unfair. Mine are so soft, they get bullied by my mum’s cats when they go round there ?

Sadly, some people just don’t understand how to raise this breed of dog properly.

Very sad that 50% of Battersea dogs home is made up of staffies.

Ironically we have always had dogs. Our last one was a long haired German Shepherd bitch who believed she was human. Sadly she died before her time with cancer and because of the hurt and attachment we had to her we haven't had another dog since. Maybe when Maurice drops off the perch................

Never say never!

2 huskies. Memphis and Sasha. Got Sasha as a puppy, Memphis from same litter, his new owners didnt want him so a year later got him. Now both 4 and loving it.

Pair of beauts, them two.

There’s a pub not too far from me, that I used to frequent on a semi-regular basis. The owner had a little husky. Lovely dog she was, with a brilliant temperament. The owner would let her roam around the pub towards the end of the night when it emptied out, and only a handful of regulars were left. I used to feed her mini cheddars, which she loved

We used to have two cats. Actually my wife had them before we got together, but as far as I'm concerned they were ours. They were called Gilbert and Sullivan based on my wife's hobby as an amateur opera singer.

Sullivan died very much before his time. He was found dead in a neighbour's pond. Gilbert lived to a ripe old age. We had only had him back about 10 days from the last of his four periods of going missing when we realised he really wasn't very well and took him to the vet, who put him down.

Before the days of non fade photographs and digital cameras I fished out two shots of our German Shepherd from just ending puppyhood to big lump. Looking at these, plus others, made me just a bit misty. Well never have another like her sadly.

View attachment 12475

View attachment 12476

Beautiful dog there mate.

What was her temperament like? Soppy I bet.

Bet you loved hoovering up though ?

Back