• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies

rigsby

Life President⭐
Some friendlies are being arranged as we speak. Cant say dates for definite at the mo but Hullbridge is on the list. Doubt many of us will be attending as fans are banned for the time being.....Would seem a perfect opportunity for clubs to try out their restrictions and sort out problems before the main show whilst under less pressure.

Last edited:
If they get the deal over the line today, Weymouth away would probably have been added to the list to give them a little cash injection, but with no fans, there would be no point.

Hulbridge Sports on the 22nd I hear.. Either at Lower Road or Boots and Laces. Behind closed doors.
I'm guessing if it's behind closed doors the opposition's stature isn't as relevant, what was a cash injection AND training session before just becomes the latter only

Hullbridge had a very useful workout last night in a very competitive game against Bishop Stortford's first team... 4.0 win. I'd make Southend underdogs for that one right now.

Looks like we’re arranging friendlies to suit the standard of squad we have! Previously playing Bostik North teams pre season was for the u 23s!

Hullbridge had a very useful workout last night in a very competitive game against Bishop Stortford's first team... 4.0 win. I'd make Southend underdogs for that one right now.

I hear Liam Nash also came on second half for Hullbridge.

Looks like we’re arranging friendlies to suit the standard of squad we have! Previously playing Bostik North teams pre season was for the u 23s!

We play Great Wakering most years and it's not unusual for the firsts to play at the likes of Canvey, Brentwood and Grays either. First couple of games back are usually against much lower opposition whilst the players get match fit with the level of opposition generally increasing as pre-season training ramps up.

Some friendlies are being arranged as we speak. Cant say dates for definite at the mo but Hullbridge is on the list. Doubt many of us will be attending as fans are banned for the time being.....Would seem a perfect opportunity for clubs to try out their restrictions and sort out problems be fore the main show whilst under less pressure.

Something else it would be ideal for the club to test is iFollow.

I'm sure plenty would be willing to pay to see our new manager's first game in charge and any new signings if it was made available. I suspect the matches are recorded for training purposes anyway so it'd just be a case of broadcasting it.

Yeah I get the Conf South clubs like Billaricay and Weymouth last year but previous seasons (I remember Great Wakering once as I’m sure Tom Clifford played for 23s and first tram on same day!!) the games v the likes of Brentwood and Aveley were all 23s fixtures (Btw the 23s Would rightly beat these types of teams comfortably)

Bostik North is where we send second year scholars on loan so for a 1st team friendly it seems a bit pointless.

I'm sure plenty would be willing to pay to see our new manager's first game in charge and any new signings if it was made available. I suspect the matches are recorded for training purposes anyway so it'd just be a case of broadcasting it.

It’s all been a bit quiet on the iFollow front especially as it’s a month until the start of the season.

Yes the games are recorded. I was sent a clip of there second goal as it was scored by someone I have a connection to.

Not sure what equipment you would need for iFollow standard.

We had to play against any opponents who is locally, to top up match fitness, each of our players must have 3/4 90 minutes matches, to be ready for new season. Last year under Bond, our first team only has 200 minutes of matches fitness each, which lead to our team was unfits at the start of the season.

It’s all been a bit quiet on the iFollow front especially as it’s a month until the start of the season.
I had an email on Monday from them to say my season ticket would be auto-renewed on the 1st September at £140 (or local equivalent) as I pay it in Euro's. It was 130 Euro last season, so quite an increase.

Yeah I get the Conf South clubs like Billaricay and Weymouth last year but previous seasons (I remember Great Wakering once as I’m sure Tom Clifford played for 23s and first tram on same day!!) the games v the likes of Brentwood and Aveley were all 23s fixtures (Btw the 23s Would rightly beat these types of teams comfortably)

Bostik North is where we send second year scholars on loan so for a 1st team friendly it seems a bit pointless.

First few games back are more about getting match fitness though. We usuallly win these games 5-0 or so and I don't think that would be a bad thing for us given the last few seasons (did we actually win a pre-season game last year?).

I also think we should support these local clubs and build links so we can send our scholars there. If we raise a few quid for them by appearing in a warm-up game they may even have better facilities for our loanees to benefit down the line. Of course we need stronger opposition later in the off-season programme, but for the early matches it is win-win (and hopefully by many goals!).

We have left it late so beggars cant be choosers. Hullbridge had to cancel a friendly to do Southend a favour and fit them in.

What strength we use is up to us. likely to see 11 subs at half time.

I had an email on Monday from them to say my season ticket would be auto-renewed on the 1st September at £140 (or local equivalent) as I pay it in Euro's. It was 130 Euro last season, so quite an increase.
If you live in the UK ,u can’t watch them live if it’s a Saturday match can u ?

Why do we not have an annual friendly against Southend Manor? Would help them massively. 1000 people at £5 (when possible) would probably cover them for a few months

Wouldn't even pay the council for use of the pitch. £6000 per year. Then for the changing rooms another £3,550 +

You cant charge a tenner so you would need 2,000.

When politicians and councillors at all levels start talking about sport for all, someone should immediately punch the total frauds straight in the face.....Until they get the message.

Wouldn't even pay the council for use of the pitch. £6000 per year. Then for the changing rooms another £3,550 +

You cant charge a tenner so you would need 2,000.

When politicians and councillors at all levels start talking about sport for all, someone should immediately punch the total frauds straight in the face.....Until they get the message.

Would help though. Not sure what their average attendance is. Must be around 200

Back