• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubs 4th July

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
So, who's ducking out and who's kicking the door down?

I'm ducking out as its my sons birthday on Sunday and also I want to see how it all pans out.

You lot?

Couldn’t think of anything worse right now. It will be full of knob heads acting like they’ve been on an alcohol ban for nearly 4 months. I look forward to being able to go to a pub for a nice meal once things have settled.

I genuinely feel for all of the on duty police, Ambulance and fire service working this weekend!

The Echo are calling it Super Saturday :Facepalm:

I really have no inkling to go out to the pub and have quite enjoyed having a drink at home.

Let’s hope some people are sensible and don’t cause any need to use any of the emergency services.

Will wait until Sept before i venture into one. Hopefully by then, some of the restrictions will have eased off a little re give your details, use an App ( which i dont have! ) for ordering etc.

I won't be going anywhere near a pub or many other places for some time yet. There will be barely any social distancing in place so whats the point, I'm not that desperate to go.

Giving it a miss. As others have said the press calling it Super Saturday and comparing it to New Years Eve will do nobody any favours. My Mrs works in a pub but thankfully is in the kitchen so will be away from the all the madness.

I’ll give it a miss as I’m working so I may pop into one pub on tuesday or Wednesday during the day to see how things have changed just for the one pint :Thumbs up:

Most of the pubs in Benfleet are a grim prospect at the best of times.

I may grab a beer at The yacht club or Barge Gladys if the weather is good.
Same here in Leigh. I might chance a midweek pint outside West Road Tap next week but that's about it.

Have booked to go to Latinos Sunday as it's Kev's birthday, other than that we're giving pubs a very wide berth for the time being.

Please everyone - if you do go to the pub and find yourself less than 2 metres from the next person make sure that you can move away from them within 10 mins and keep washing your hands. It won’t prevent you catching it but it may well minimise the potential to catch it

A week ago I'd have said that I absolutely was going to go as I was getting pretty desperate for a pint but a couple of places down the seafront started selling 'take away' lager so I've satisfied that craving. Could murder a Guinness still though.

I can see Saturday being a bit of a nightmare with the guidance to the public and to the authorities being mixed at best.

We will definitely not be visiting a pub this weekend. If social media and the Echo are to be believed then old Leigh has already been full of fun and frolics, open the pubs there and you may just be lighting the blue touch paper. Local lock down in a few weeks?

I will not be going (just had a beer delivery for the weekend). Can`t see how it is going to work in my local and other `local` pubs I use - will wait to see how it all pans out. Not very confident in the behaviour of the general public. :Sorry:

Please everyone - if you do go to the pub and find yourself less than 2 metres from the next person make sure that you can move away from them within 10 mins ...
Not very confident in the behaviour of the general public. :Sorry:
All I can see is a big addition to the numbers finding themselves in hospital, not because of the virus but because “That’s not a ****ing metre is it mate!?” isn’t a friendly and effective social distancing tactic. Blokes. Beer. Cramped bars. Lower “match fitness” for alcohol drinking and over-ordering (4 pints each now?) to save queuing up in 10 minutes. Throw in a bit of realistic stress about the virus itself and it’s going to be kicking off left right and centre.

And I’m a bloody optimist!

Back