• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rochdale dilemma

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Had planned a weekend away for the last away match of the season, ending in a meal at Roots York, after the match on Saturday. We were going to drive up on Friday and stay somewhere around the Stoke area before heading on to the match and then drive across to York after the match, where our hotel and restaurant reservations have already been made for Saturday, and pretty much paid for. We're meeting up with old friends of hubby's at the restaurant that he's not seen for ages - but he doesn't know that yet!

I haven't yet booked a hotel for Friday night.

After yesterday's shambles, and the recent results and performances, I am really wondering if I should bother with all that cross country driving and just book another night in York!

Thoughts, please, fellow Zoners!

Last edited:
We have a night out planned in Leeds after the game, so we could well be drowning our sorrows, or maybe celebrating!!

Let me know where this Roots York restaurant is...
Ha bloody ha!

What if we need a point to stay up ?
That's the dilemma, I can't leave it till a few nights before to book a hotel if we go to York but could, conceivably book something last minute.com somewhere for Rochdale - I do have some standards and won't stay in any old run down place!

Go to the match. Although it's the last thing I hope happens there is a certain cachet in being able to say "I was there the day we were relegated." It's somewhat masochistic I know but memories are also made of sad times as well as good. If we are relegated hopefully we'll have a happy day at the end of the following season as we're present at the game where we are promoted back to L1.

You could always go to another match. I'll see what's around.

Leeds v Aston Villa could be a big game
Sunderland v Portsmouth
Sheffield United v Ipswich
York City v Telford

Leeds v Aston Villa could be a big game
Sunderland v Portsmouth
Sheffield United v Ipswich
York City v Telford

Ooh now, Sheffield might be interesting if it relegates Ipswich, but I think they'll be gone before then! :Hilarious:

I think I'll leave making a decision until after next weekend - definitely seems as if away performances are, generally, better.

Rochdale away always seems to be a significant fixture for new managers.

It was the first fixture after PB was sacked and PB's first away fixture after PS was sacked.

Had planned a weekend away for the last match of the season, ending in a meal at Roots York, after the match on Saturday. We were going to drive up on Friday and stay somewhere around the Stoke area before heading on to the match and then drive across to York after the match, where our hotel and restaurant reservations have already been made for Saturday, and pretty much paid for. We're meeting up with old friends of hubby's at the restaurant that he's not seen for ages - but he doesn't know that yet!

I haven't yet booked a hotel for Friday night.

After yesterday's shambles, and the recent results and performances, I am really wondering if I should bother with all that cross country driving and just book another night in York!

Thoughts, please, fellow Zoners!
York is a lovely city, spend the extra time there. If cp is still in charge forget the game, don't spoil a good weekend.

Come on OBL. Blue 'til I die! If they were in with a chance of winning the title you would be there to share it with them. The club needs stalwart supporters now more than ever. Go regardless of the result/relevance/importance. Just don't let what happens on the pitch spoil your great weekend. UTB

Back