• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roger Cross

Napster

No ⭐
Must be the luckiest employee at the club. Keeps his job under Bond, then because Johnson doesnt want to come here, is still here! Will he keep his job even longer despite being responsibe for some real humdingers!

Well said that man. Humdingers being very polite if i may say so.

Must be the luckiest employee at the club. Keeps his job under Bond, then because Johnson doesnt want to come here, is still here! Will he keep his job even longer despite being responsibe for some real humdingers!
Undoubtedly poor recruitment. Is it the limitations of the man or the process or the packages on offer or the pool we're dipping into without agents willing to work with us? Genuine question as there's definitely culpability... but it would be a shame to be looking for a solution to the wrong problem if we're giving RC impossible conditions to succeed.

Bit harsh. Nobody occupying 1st-3rd or 4th choice on the club’s list of targets for each position wants to come here/do business with RM. A scouting/recruitment team’s job is to identify targets together with the management team and a priority list is usually drawn up for needed positions. Once that list has been passed up the chain it is out of their hands.

Should of been fired a year ago, can anyone name a Decent acquisition we've made since Powell came in, apart from maybe Hopper and Humphries?

Undoubtedly poor recruitment. Is it the limitations of the man or the process or the packages on offer or the pool we're dipping into without agents willing to work with us? Genuine question as there's definitely culpability... but it would be a shame to be looking for a solution to the wrong problem if we're giving RC impossible conditions to succeed.

We were targeting decent players like Sonny Bradley and Lyle Taylor. Had Hopper, Humphrys, Barratt, McL and Dru not been injured then the centre 'all the same'midfield players would have not been under the fans unforgiving microscope.

The loans of Moore and Hart were very important for us.

Jesus anyone else we want to hang out to dry ? If Humphrys starts passing a bit more and Hopper stays fit we could have two of our best signings for decades on our hands. Of course we could wait to see how the others perform under a new manager and /or system. Don't we have enough to worry about right now ?

Like to see any of you lot do a better job

WE ARE SOUTHEND UNITED!!

We will not be many players first choice, and we have a cr*p ground.

I always felt PB made some decent signings consider and when people use to moan over his signings I mentioned at the time, no-one will find it easy signing players for us.

Chris Powell,not good enough for Southend,but ok for England !!

England understand what happens if you have 14 injuries to your squad......For some reason for which I still cant work out why.....Many Southend fans don't.

England understand what happens if you have 14 injuries to your squad......For some reason for which I still cant work out why.....Many Southend fans don't.

It’s not limited to the England setup. Most of the Footballing World would recognise & understand that problem, if it was presented to them.

It’s not limited to the England setup. Most of the Footballing World would recognise & understand that problem, if it was presented to them.

Anybody from any sport should understand the problem. If you lost half your Morris dancing team results would suffer.

Anybody from any sport should understand the problem. If you lost half your Morris dancing team results would suffer.

Depends on if the manager was training them too hard though, right? Or maybe he wasn’t training them hard enough? Or maybe he just wasn’t cut out for Morris dance coaching in the first place? I’m sure if they replaced him with....literally anyone..... then it would all change.

Depends on if the manager was training them too hard though, right? Or maybe he wasn’t training them hard enough? Or maybe he just wasn’t cut out for Morris dance coaching in the first place? I’m sure if they replaced him with....literally anyone..... then it would all change.

All good points but you have to go back to preseason. The mistake was being start struck by a couple of big names.....Looking for one last jingle.

All good points but you have to go back to preseason. The mistake was being start struck by a couple of big names.....Looking for one last jingle.

Yeah but I’m sure they must have someone in charge of recruiting these big-name jinglers?

Someone who’s competent enough to spot these, one-last-payday-chancers, from a mile off, and send them, their high wages and their bells packing?

Back