• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roland Edge

MilkeySUFC

Manager⭐
Hull Left back Roland Edge has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

I know nothing about him. Is he worth a shot?

He is ex-Gillingham, I think I remember he was quite highly rated there until he left. Played around 100 games for them then moved on to Hibs and then to Hull, but he hasn't really been a regular for either of them. Gillingham born, so would fit Tilson's local(ish) policy.

Could be worth a shot.

Yeah, maybe worth a look, although he does seem to have more than his fair share of termniated contracts! Was up in Scotland for a bit too (Hibs I think) after the Gills!

He is an left back and was an good players, prehap is unsettled up North. Well I boughted him on FM2006 for Southend ....

Could be some mileage in this - if he had his contract terminated today it could well be to free him up to join another club...

His profile on the Hull official site is quite complimentary of him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 06 2006,12:38)]I boughted him on FM2006 for Southend ....
Sign him up; any concerns I had about him in real life have now evaporated.

upside.gif

Worth a shot I say. Will be free as wel which leaves more money to spent on other players......................or a new stadium.

wink.gif

Edge is a very talented young player and highly-rated, surprised it hasn't worked for him at Hull but then again he did have Andy Dawson for competition.

Given that we need a left back desperately I couldn't think of anyone better, he'd be a fantastic addition and not just in the short-term either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 06 2006,13:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Jan. 06 2006,12:26)]sounds worth a butchers
Will this one do ?

thebutchers_butchers.jpg
2.99 for some pork chops! I am there!!

And just think, Chris Phillips would be made up...

"Blues have the Edge"
"Roland Edges past Che"
"Roland gives Blues the Edge"
"We don't need no Edge-ucation"

(That's enough Edge-lines. Ed)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 06 2006,13:44)]And just think, Chris Phillips would be made up...

"Blues have the Edge"
"Roland Edges past Che"
"Roland gives Blues the Edge"
"We don't need no Edge-ucation"

(That's enough Edge-lines.  Ed)

I've already got my coat.  
laugh.gif

Roland Rock
and when he underhits a backpass on his debut for the oppositions winner- Roland's Gift !

Mmmmmmmmm. Was this the reason then that it was being mentioned in the Airport at Blackpool that we were going to get a left back before the weekend & he was connected with Gilllingham?
rock.gif
Due to the Strongbows consumed my brain has only just recovered this snippet of information from it's memory bank.

Perhaps Spud tipped Tilly the wink that this player was going to be available.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 06 2006,13:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Jan. 06 2006,12:26)]sounds worth a butchers
Will this one do ?
If you want a Stupid Post - Here is ORM preparing for a night out:

RoadTrim-NewYearsXmasPost.jpg

oops.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Back