• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron’s Latest Statement (24/9/20)

Although I appreciate him taking time out of his workaholic schedule, I does seem like it was a nuisance having to do it.

Info about squad building and finances great... surely its the managers job to report on training schedules etc.

Never happy am i?

Me or Ron?

didnt read that into it, but only skimmed it tbh

No not you, Ron.

"there is a good feel around the place. I know this is not reflected in the press this week but of course you have to bear in mind it is their job to sell newspapers!"

Yeah that bit actually made me chuckle. Peak Alan Partridge
Indeed it does read like that :-) but it difficult to take too seriously a few people socially distancing outside the gate chanting. Rigsby did a very decent job of explaining why and that a separate discussion elsewhere.

Rather at least we got another statement, he’s done a longer interview on BBC Essex which we can judge after we hear it, and he has shared some positive news in that JD is in contention for Sat, Lennon maybe on the bench, Acqua now added to the squad offering a target, and mention of more news on a potential squad addition tomorrow. And Akinola training well so hopefully included sooner rather than later.

Apologies to all as I know my glass tends very much to being half full but I still think we will be ok this season even if we must do it the hard way.

"It is probably not necessary for me to be making statements so frequently but I recognise that supporters worry, sometimes unnecessarily."

I am beginning to think that he gets off on such comments that will antagonise.

"As I said we are all impatient for success and I am no different..."

I don't think the issue is that we are impatient for success. Impatient for even a draw, maybe. Very concerned about the very survival of our club - or at least its league status - absolutely.

Is the man on the same planet?

Terrible admission time, I sped read this first time through and when I read the part about Harry Lennon I thought Ron had totally gone off beam calling Harry ********!! I re-read it properly and now I understand it was me that was totally off beam for thinking that. Mind you, using that word was a bit odd I thought.

Back