• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question SEASON TICKETS

danburyshrimper

Manager
So , in previous years , Uncle Ron has been flogging next years season tickets around Xmas time , with various different " early bird " offers . Obviously , i can understand he was delaying this due to our woeful form around that time.

But surely , around early January when he decided to cut our losses , flog our better players, get rid of the high earners and pretty much accept relegation as a given, why o why o why did he not announce seaso sales then. He must have known things were only going to get worse. Lets face it , the majority of us are die hard fans that will buy a season ticket whatever league we are in , who ever is manager , however bad the team are playing. He could have quite easily sold 2000 season tickets during January ( with an attractive early bird offer ) and the almost £300 would have been pretty damn close to the £600k that has supposedly caused the embargo in the first place.
I just dont get what he's thinking he is gaining from sticking his head in the sand. If anything , the painful defeats week in week out will only serve to lose the very supporters that may have previously been happy to part with their cash for the following season.

My main concern now is that he will go down the liquidation route , take the minus points now , take the minus points next season and alleviate the debts. This could all but guarantee another relegation next season .

Lets face it . the new ground aint ever gonna happen.
:Sorry::Sad::Cry::Facepalm:

The question being after he has used the early season monies to pay off debts, where will the monies come to see us through the no revenue summer months ?

So it's not an easy fix,and as a poster put on here do you really think its only £ 600 k owed ......

There must be a good reason for it. It's a tricky one for the commercial team - start knocking out League Two priced season tickets and they could be accused of giving up on the season (the official line is we haven't given up on the season).

That said, behind the scenes the club will be quietly preparing for League Two and that will mean streamlining the budget considerably. As such, they will need to forecast season ticket income which as you rightly say is a big chunk of our income. They need to get it right, which is I suspect why it's taking time. They have to reduce prices - but of course any reduction will result in a reduction in income, lower player budgets, less chance of success next year etc, possible job losses.

I am a die hard STH but I will not buy one until just before the start of the season when I am sure the club has not done a Bury

I am a die hard STH but I will not buy one until just before the start of the season when I am sure the club has not done a Bury

If you're able to, buy it on a credit card and you're protected, should the worst happen.

If you're able to, buy it on a credit card and you're protected, should the worst happen.

don't do credit cards - so same as Blueblues, money says in my pocket until i'm sure we will be starting next season - League two footie isn't a concern, it's if we are going to have a club to support that bothers me

I will buy early bird and trust my money goes to a good cause; I also believe in Santa,

Last edited:
I still haven't had the notes from the meeting we had on Monday, so I can't elaborate much further. But.....

My first question to Ron was "will we have a club next season?" He seemed a bit perplexed as to why I was asking that. The answer was "yes". I got the impression that thought hadn't crossed his mind.

There will be an announcement on season tickets soon. There is a strategy under discussion, but I don't want to set hares racing only for them to do something different.

So , in previous years , Uncle Ron has been flogging next years season tickets around Xmas time , with various different " early bird " offers . Obviously , i can understand he was delaying this due to our woeful form around that time.

But surely , around early January when he decided to cut our losses , flog our better players, get rid of the high earners and pretty much accept relegation as a given, why o why o why did he not announce seaso sales then. He must have known things were only going to get worse. Lets face it , the majority of us are die hard fans that will buy a season ticket whatever league we are in , who ever is manager , however bad the team are playing. He could have quite easily sold 2000 season tickets during January ( with an attractive early bird offer ) and the almost £300 would have been pretty damn close to the £600k that has supposedly caused the embargo in the first place.
I just dont get what he's thinking he is gaining from sticking his head in the sand. If anything , the painful defeats week in week out will only serve to lose the very supporters that may have previously been happy to part with their cash for the following season.

My main concern now is that he will go down the liquidation route , take the minus points now , take the minus points next season and alleviate the debts. This could all but guarantee another relegation next season .

Lets face it . the new ground aint ever gonna happen.
:Sorry::Sad::Cry::Facepalm:
Probably wants the new season ticket sales to go into the new business after he has liquidated this one.

I still haven't had the notes from the meeting we had on Monday, so I can't elaborate much further. But.....

My first question to Ron was "will we have a club next season?" He seemed a bit perplexed as to why I was asking that. The answer was "yes". I got the impression that thought hadn't crossed his mind.

There will be an announcement on season tickets soon. There is a strategy under discussion, but I don't want to set hares racing only for them to do something different.

No doubt the Trust will enlighten us.

If you buy early on a Ron promise ,and then a 10 points deduction is made at the start of the season.....isn't that mis selling .....mind you raising the white flag in Jan and what has happened in the last 2 months feels like treason to me !

It probably hadn't; it's only crossed the minds of people on here because we know nothing about the finances and are assuming that because Ron pays everyone late and there is a shortfall, we are on the verge of going under.

I don't think we are. Ron will move heaven and earth to ensure we stay afloat so that FF can be built and he can collect.

The issue is that he will do it retrospectively, not in advance, meaning that there will be more Um Bongos and local derbys against HMRC to look forward to.

At this rate, our fixture with HMRC must be close to breaking the record for playing a single opponent - Exeter I think are our most frequent opposition.

We do have a 100% record v HMRC though... perhaps Ron is using that to try and get some momentum...

Last edited:
It probably hadn't; it's only crossed the minds of people on here because we know nothing about the finances and are assuming that because Ron pays everyone late and there is a shortfall, we are on the verge of going under.

I don't think we are. Ron will move heaven and earth to ensure we stay afloat so that FF can be built and he can collect.

The issue is that he will do it retrospectively, not in advance, meaning that there will be more Um Bongos and local derbys against HMRC to look forward to.

At this rate, our fixture with HMRC must be close to breaking the record for playing a single opponent - Exeter I think are our most frequent opposition.

We do have a 100% record v HMRC though... perhaps Ron is using that to try and get some momentum...

Just as a mildly amusing sideline, in India in one of the leagues (Elite Premier or something like that, which is I think their third tier), there is a team called "Income Tax".

Back