• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell owed 180k...

Not surprised he voted to wind up Macclesfield, i also would if my ex employer still owed me £182,000.

That's a good question, I've know idea how they came to that figure also.... maybe added up to un-paid wages + win bonuses? + avoiding relegation bonus in his contract?

Edit:.. From this bbc article, it looks like thats the amount they owe HMRC?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50489818

All very confusing.

That's a good question, I've know idea how they came to that figure also.... maybe added up to un-paid wages + win bonuses? + avoiding relegation bonus in his contract?

Edit:.. From this bbc article, it looks like thats the amount they owe HMRC?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50489818

All very confusing.

That one is from 20th November, try this one from today

Link

Just found this on the Macca fans forum.

"What a joke.

The club took out a £180k loan in June to pay off Sol (to be repaid out of the EFL payment) and it hasn't happened.

We are heading into administration, whatever you read about "banking transaction problems".

Sol Campbell saved Macclesfield from relegation last season
Sol Campbell saved Macclesfield from relegation last season (Richard Sellers/PA)
Barrister Philip Currie, who represented Campbell, said Macclesfield owed his client about £182,000. He said Campbell also wanted the club to be wound up.

Campbell was appointed by Macclesfield in November 2018 but left by mutual consent in August of this year. He took over at Southend – also the subject of a winding-up petition on Wednesday – in October.

Maybe the costs include his legal fees to "Phillip Currie" for going to court to regain lost wages.?

I am sorry to be cynical, but if Macc get thrown out the league will it be only two teams down from L1 this season?

Not surprised he voted to wind up Macclesfield, i also would if my ex employer still owed me £182,000.
I think it is very poor of him wanting Macclesfield winded up, what about the loyal fans and people behind the scenes who’ve been there for years. As everyone knows Bury have already gone he wants another, even though he’s owed money I should imagine he’s well off. If in the future if we are in the same situation as Macclesfield remember he will want our club to be finished and out the football league. Always thought football family didnt apply to the premiership and its players, case proven. Just my personal opinion .

If he don't threaten it there is zero chance you will ever see your money unfortunately

I read somewhere he was trying to sue Portsmouth for 1.7 million as well when you was playing there but sorted out before it came to court
Bet Ron is looking over his shoulder!!

Good for him, entering a contract lightly is not something to do and Sol is obviously a serious man.

Back