• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Train

stickyboy

Director
Was thinking of doing the train again even after the nightmare last time based on the fact it wont leave as early as the coaches. Anyone else thinking of risking it?

Spoke to the club who are trying to find a driver for the job

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ May 23 2005,09:31)]Was thinking of doing the train again even after the nightmare last time based on the fact it wont leave as early as the coaches. Anyone else thinking of risking it?

Spoke to the club who are trying to find a driver for the job
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ May 23 2005,16:59)]the club just phoned to say there will be no train this time
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH

thats how I was hoping to get up there...

that changed quickly as I only printed off the train details this afternoon
sad.gif

what happened to the £ 50 special Southend Central direct to Cardiff that the Official site had details of y'day
rock.gif
? For F**Ks sake . ****-up in a brewery comes to mind ??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 24 2005,11:55)]what happened to the £ 50 special Southend Central direct to Cardiff that the Official site had details of y'day
rock.gif
?   For F**Ks  sake  . ****-up in a brewery comes to mind ??
Do you have any idea what it takes to organise a train at short notice ? No, neither do I, but given the multi-franchise rail network I suspect that even with two to three weeks notice it is a massive logistical nightmare.

Are some people ever going to be satisfied about the way this club is run?

its not too much hassle to get from fenchurch st or liverpool st to paddington

i really wish they did a direct train from southend via cambridge and on to cardiff but alas ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 24 2005,12:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ May 24 2005,11:55)]what happened to the £ 50 special Southend Central direct to Cardiff that the Official site had details of y'day
rock.gif
?   For F**Ks  sake  . ****-up in a brewery comes to mind ??
Do you have any idea what it takes to organise a train at short notice ? No, neither do I, but given the multi-franchise rail network I suspect that even with two to three weeks notice it is a massive logistical nightmare.

Are some people ever going to be satisfied about the way this club is run?
Firstly my gripe is with the Official site on which I read less than 36 hours ago that the Club had arranged the Southend- Cardiff train- it also quoted departure times and stated that it would also be stopping at Benfleet ( for Smell Island ) and Pitsea . Why put that info on the Officail site then ORM ? For a practical joke or something . Secondly if you are satisfied with the way anything is run then you are saying that there is no room for improvement, aren't you ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ May 24 2005,12:13)]i really wish they did a direct train from southend via cambridge and on to cardiff but alas ;)
I sure they could as they managed to do one via Birmingham with no trouble at all !

sad.gif

I think you are over reacting there - it stated on the Official Site that the train service was subject to the Club receiving guarantees that they could provide a decent service. They didnt confirm that they would be a train service from Southend just an indication that they were endeavouring to see if it was feasible.
Cut the club some slack - less than a week to organise another trip to Cardiff, just be grateful that our promotion hopes are still alive.

Back