• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Fleetwood Town

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Saturday & The Cod come to the seaside, with all the 47 fans will be the Joey Barton circus and the return of Mr Bolger;-the CB we needed to have kept.
I haven't read much on the injury recovery front so I don't know who is available and those suspended are, obviously, still "out".

The only sure starters for me are the loanee GK, Coker and Bunn: every other place is up for grabs.

And, sadly a crowd of under 6,500.

I think you may be right on the gate Massimo, the ticket sales app reckons 5200 so far. Lowest gate of the season if it happens which will be a shame but Fleetwood aren't much of a draw it seems.

So, the team. I reckon you can add Topper, Mantom and Dieng (if both fit) and Demi. I'm not going to bother guessing the rest although McCoulsky would get my vote next to Topper.

Too early to predict result without knowing starting 11 , but Mc Goalski must start up front for me. Think attendance will be low with our current form.

I must say, i just can't currently get excited about this one. I don't know if it's just because it's Fleetwood, a low attendance or our recent run of poor form.

That being said, we typically normally get a convincing win on a low gate, so on that merit, I will be tuning into I-Player this weekend....and then wishing i was there instead.

Fleetwood haven't lost since the opening day which isn't a good sign, but they don't win much either. Draw seems the obvious bet here but hopefully the players have a point to prove and we can go out all guns blazing, an early goal would install a lot of confidence in the side.

Play this team and we will win
Stockdale
Demitriou Turner Moore Coker
Bunn dieng mantom Hutchinson
Wabo hopper

But obviously won't happen and were stick with macouglin over hutch and Cox or Robinson over wabo!! Wishful thinking
I'm just so tired of all these talented players in the under 23s playing really well and scoring goals for fun!! And they never get a look in!!

I'd personally like to see us try something different, perhaps using Demi and Coker as wing backs.

Stockdale
Moore Turner White
Demetriou Mantom Dieng Coker
Cox
Hopper McCoulsky
If Mantom and Dieng are still struggling for fitness maybe Klass should be given a chance at the expense of whoever needs the rest most.

I expect to see an unchanged starting line up though, in which case it's time for some of the underperformers to step up.

Should be , but think it’s 11plus exams this weekend with lots of ‘out of towners’ and lots of cars.
Think it’s all over though by early afternoon, but just flagging it up.
What a ray of sunshine you are at times.:Winking2:

Like the sound of a 3-5-2 formation,using Demi and Coker as wingbacks,not sure about Cox though, think kightly might do a better job

Stockdale
Taylor Turner White
Demi Dieng Mantom Coker
Kightly
McCoulsky Hopper

subs: Bishop,Elvis,Cox,Klass, Dru(if fit enough )Harrison,and the other left back.If dru not fit enough yet then Wabo.

I'd personally like to see us try something different, perhaps using Demi and Coker as wing backs.

Stockdale
Moore Turner White
Cox
Hopper McCoulsky
If Mantom and Dieng are still struggling for fitness maybe Klass should be given a chance at the expense of whoever needs the rest most.

I expect to see an unchanged starting line up though, in which case it's time for some of the underperformers to step up.

I was thinking the same but slight change and giving Kyprianou a go on the left of the back 3 so something like this:

Stockdale
White Moore Kyprianou
Cox
Hopper McCoulsky

Stockdale
Moore Turner White
Cox
Hopper McCoulsky

I think you've hit the nail on the head.....time for some to give a performance..:Winking:

Klass and/or Batlokwa as cover for Mantom or Dieng...

Back