• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
A little early perhaps?...of course not.

Let's kick off the annual mega thread on transfer targets.

Have you heard any whispers?

This list is based purely on the rumours seen on here and across the socials. We wont include every single name that's been mentioned. Just rumours with multiple mentions and at least a crumb of realism. Names and the scale will be updated as and when further info is available and/or chatter is apparent. You can click on each name for their stats/info as provided by Transfermarkt.

SZ Rumour Scale & Key:

🤝 - Done deal

🟢 - Very likely target and/or Very strong rumours and/or In talks

🟧 - Possible target and/or Reasonable rumours and/or Slow burner

❌ - Very unlikely target and/or Minimal rumours and/or Not happening

⚖️ - On trial at the club

⬆️ - Indicates whether a player has moved up/down the scale

🔥 - Hotting up

❄️ - Cooling off

🆕 - New entry to the list

🩺 - Medical Pending or Completed

📸 :LoyalSupporter: - Photoshoot Pending or Completed

📢 - Announcement Pending

SZ Transfer Rumours List (updated regularly)

🤝 Dan Mooney - Altrincham - (RW) (Completed 26/05/22) ✔️

🤝 Cavaghn Miley - Unattached - (CM) (Completed 26/05/22) ✔️

🤝 Harry Taylor - Barnet - (Everywhere) (Completed 28/06/22)✔️

🤝 Gus Scott-Morriss - Hemel Hempstead - (RB) (Completed 28/06/22) ✔️

🤝 Louis Lomas - Brackley - (CB) (Completed 28/06/22) ✔️

🤝 Wes Fonguck - Barnet - (CM) (Completed 19/07/22) ✔️

🤝 Chris Wreh - Free Agent - (ST) (Completed 25/07/22) ✔️

🤝 Jake Hyde - Wrexham - (ST) (Season long loan - Completed 01/08/22) ✔️

🤝 Aaron Cosgrave - Wimbledon - (ST) (Season long loan - Completed 20/08/22) ✔️

🤝 Kacper Lopata - Sheff U - (CB) - (Completed 02/09/22) ✔️

🟢

🟧

❌

Keep hearing rumours about Dennis coming here on a permanent basis Norwich have given him a contract so they can get a fee for him ? Other’s may have heard different

I'd like to see us prioritise a top quality, dominant central midfielder to play alongside Husin. We're going to need to dominate more games next season, doing that will ease pressure on the back line and supply our forwards with more opportunities. Not sure who would fit the bill but it's certainly the position I would be looking to really make a statement in.

Lopata isn't going to happen, but that doesn't mean we can't find a similar U23 to have that kind of impact on a season-long loan, we just need to avoid becoming too reliant on our loanees and leaving a gaping hole if/when they're recalled. Rather than chatting to Liverpool or Villa, I'd be back on the phone with Sheffield United as it's been three good loanees out of three, let's keep this relationship going.

I think we have the foundation of a good squad but central midfield is where we need to improve, and I'd be looking for a good attacking RWB/RB, and I'd also look at either Dennis returning or a pacey forward.

A little early perhaps?...of course not.

Let's kick off the annual mega thread on transfer targets.

Who would you like to see us go for?...Have you heard any whispers?

I'll start.

1. Kacper Lopata (Sheff Utd). I don't care whether it's a season loan/perm deal. This guy needs to come back in. Give him what he wants. Absolute mustard. Could be a difficult negotiation of course, with Sheff perhaps wanting him to play higher. I hear he maybe out of contract though?....Nothing else to say. No.1 target for me.

2. Alfie Rutherford (Dorking) an exciting young (23) striker who has bagged 30+ goals (all comps) in the NLS this season. Averages a goal a game. Has hit 5 hat-tricks this season plus a 4 goal haul at the weekend v Concord. Under contract at Dorking until 2024 I think so would require a fee. Scored against us in the Trophy game and caused us all sorts of problems that day. No doubt being watched by clubs in the EFL. But he surely fits the profile for what we are after. Could be a cracking signing and one that could earn us a few bob down the line. Would obviously be easier to pick him up if Dorking fail to join us next season.

3. Michael Cheek (Bromley) Ok, he maybe turning 31 this summer (Still younger than Murphy). But he's super fit. Not missed many minutes and his goal record speaks for itself. All-time leading NL goalscorer. Horrible to play against, an equal threat on the ground and in the air. Local lad. Knows the league inside out. Out of contract I think this summer. No brainer on a free. Especially if we lose any of our other strikers, as well as Dennis.

4. Liverpool/Villa/Prem U18/U23's. This is hopefully where Stan can come in. There is so much talent not getting a look in at Prem clubs it's crazy. They probably never will either due to the spend culture at that level. Will youngsters want to come to the NL. Will Prem clubs want to send them here? Who knows, it's worth a crack as there is some serious talent destined to just stagnate and disappear at these giant clubs. Outside shot but one that needs exploring. Stan, work your magic for us...

I'm not saying any of these are realistic targets for us. We don't know who's staying/going yet and we don't know how bad the finances are. But, if we have real ambitions to get out of this cess pit asap and back to where we need to be, then for me these are the types of targets we need to be going for. At the same time, I don't want us making our financial position even more precarious than it is. We can't do a Chesterfield/Stockport/Wrexham and throw hundreds of thousands at players. Plus there's the talk of the wage cap (full details as yet unknown) so we need to make sure our sales pitch, due diligence and scouting is better than as many other clubs as possible, if we are to challenge for the Top 7, which for me is the minimum expected next season. But, we are one of the big boys at this level, we need to be at the front of the queue on any available talent. Tough gig for the football department for sure. But this is where they earn their corn...
I agree with all, I just think it would ridiculously hard and near enough impossible to get anywhere near Lopata on a permanent - a loan is a little more realistic but it depends whether Sheffield United want him to go to a higher league club. If we pulled it off, then it could go down as one of our best signings in god knows how long.

First and foremost, we need a central defender who heads the ball. If we can't get the Big Pole back, then I would suggest Jack Cook at Wealdstone. Good at both ends of the pitch.
Agreed. Look commanding against us. Out of contract this summer I believe, but also combines his Wealdstone duties with a role as Sports Marketing Manager at Nike. So could be a tricky deal.

Yep. Throw Powell into the mix and that's a great blend of power/height and pace. If that lot couldn't get us the 70+ goals required to compete, we may as well give up.
What type of player is Rutherford?

I think we will see a lot of players leaving.
Yes please I do hope your right ,the 3 amigos will want there players playing not someone else’s who will want some of players is another matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back