• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fan and the Steward at Solihull

Status
Not open for further replies.

crangoner

⭐⭐
This needs mentioning beyond discussion of the match performance:

Security rightly attempt to remove the pitch invader from the away end. A significant enough minority of our reprobate fans then assault stadium security and attempt to cause a riot (but dare not not attack the two police officers who attend to the scene, cos they know they will get nicked straightaway) to try and "liberate" the ejected perpetrator, leaving a wretched stain on our support as a whole.

If you thought Stuart Meyrick was a hero for trying to stand up to Ron Martin at Solihull last season, make sure you ask to see his video filming the reprobates attacking stadium security today. Hope he won't have deleted evidence of criminal wrongdoing before the police seize his evidence.

Security rightly attempt to remove the pitch invader from the away end. A significant enough minority of our reprobate fans then assault stadium security and attempt to cause a riot (but dare not not attack the two police officers who attend to the scene, cos they know they will get nicked straightaway) to try and "liberate" the ejected perpetrator, leaving a wretched stain on our support as a whole.

If you thought Stuart Meyrick was a hero for trying to stand up to Ron Martin at Solihull last season, make sure you ask to see his video filming the reprobates attacking stadium security today. Hope he won't have deleted evidence of criminal wrongdoing before the police seize his evidence.

Why does this leave a strain on our whole support, just because of the stupid actions of a few?

Is there a video of this online?

Why does this leave a strain on our whole support, just because of the stupid actions of a few?
Because instead of supporting the team whilst we were in the ascendancy, about a quarter of the away support decided to leave the stand and surround two police and their stewards who were (quite rightly) trying to eject someone who climbed onto the pitch and got right in the face of the oppo ‘keeper.
It’s the usual suspects every week, and some who should know better (some of which are stewards as Roots Hall).

it’s frankly embarrassing for the club, and not to mention completely counterproductive when you could be focused on the team.

Why would you want to see it online? Do you have some sort of violent fetish?
Presumably he wants to see whether it is just a handful of our "supporters" or up to a quarter of them as has been suggested. Without that knowledge we can't calibrate our response. However many were involved it is simply mindless behaviour though.

Presumably he wants to see whether it is just a handful of our "supporters" or up to a quarter of them as has been suggested. Without that knowledge we can't calibrate our response. However many were involved it is simply mindless behaviour though.

It doesn't matter if it was 1 or 20, it's out of order. My first question would be are the stewards and Police ok, not if a video has been uploaded.

Because instead of supporting the team whilst we were in the ascendancy, about a quarter of the away support decided to leave the stand and surround two police and their stewards who were (quite rightly) trying to eject someone who climbed onto the pitch and got right in the face of the oppo ‘keeper.
It’s the usual suspects every week, and some who should know better (some of which are stewards as Roots Hall).

it’s frankly embarrassing for the club, and not to mention completely counterproductive when you could be focused on the team.
Point taken but what can Ron do?remember last season.

It doesn't matter if it was 1 or 20, it's out of order. My first question would be are the stewards and Police ok, not if a video has been uploaded.
Have a day off. I’m pretty sure most people’s reaction would be to want to see a video when it’s alluded that one exists. Hard to really know what went on based on different peoples different accounts.

Not to say what the lad who was ejected did was right (running on the pitch in celebration & instead of celebrating with the team, goes up to the keeper & pushes him a few times… that is 100% NOT okay, and I hope police deal with that incident accordingly), but do you think this is an appropriate response from the stewards to the situation?

I’ll admit I didn’t fully see how it all kicked off in that corner in the above video (obvious reasons), but what I do know, is that there was a definite 30 second gap (minimum) between the lad running off, and the reaction from our fans.

Moving back to the game, a poor first half & a failure to clear our lines led to the first goal (hints of offside, but either way, that cannot excuse poor defending). The second half was a different story entirely; biggest turning point was when Lomas came on & Ralph pushed out wide. Wreh’s goal was very well taken, and a draw was the very least we deserved.

Not to say what the lad who was ejected did was right (running on the pitch in celebration & instead of celebrating with the team, goes up to the keeper & pushes him a few times… that is 100% NOT okay, and I hope police deal with that incident accordingly), but do you think this is an appropriate response from the stewards to the situation?

I’ll admit I didn’t fully see how it all kicked off in that corner in the above video (obvious reasons), but what I do know, is that there was a definite 30 second gap (minimum) between the lad running off, and the reaction from our fans.

Moving back to the game, a poor first half & a failure to clear our lines led to the first goal (hints of offside, but either way, that cannot excuse poor defending). The second half was a different story entirely; biggest turning point was when Lomas came on & Ralph pushed out wide. Wreh’s goal was very well taken, and a draw was the very least we deserved.

Don't run onto the pitch then, it's quite simple.

Don't see a knee on anyone's throat/neck, shoulder yes
Very much over excessive force in my opinion. His head was repeatedly pushed onto the concrete floor, the had a heavy weight on his chest for a minute and on 34 seconds, the knee did go into the neck.

Way over the top in my opinion. The lad was calling for help yet the stewards kept at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back