• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly Says...

Technically, we have got another month to sign players... so he is right in some respects. But it feels as if everything is happening around us... Even Swindon have started players and there in a considerable amount more debt than we are at the moment... If they don't play 900k by the end of the season, they lose the club...

Oh well, at least the Donkeys avaliable are spoken for... Adebayo "Ghetto Football" Akinfenwa signed for Swansea, and Doncaster have already said Blundell is going nowhere....

Our squad is more than capable in this division. It would simply be a luxury to have a few more players rather than a necessity to compete at this level.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 05 2005,08:15)]Our squad is more than capable in this division. It would simply be a luxury to have a few more players rather than a necessity to compete at this level.
I don't agree. We need a greater depth of quality and experience. We only have one LB and that's not even Wilson's natural position (I don't consider Nik Nak a LB .at all), we need an option of a CD with a bit of pace as back up to Spinner and Eagle. We also need one other option (at least) in a wide position and one more striker (if Dudders stays).

Without these, and with such a small squad, I think we could be in for a bumpy ride.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 05 2005,08:25)]I think we could be in for a bumpy ride.
So whats new?

I wouldn't have it any other way
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 05 2005,09:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ July 05 2005,10:00)]I got a 'Bumpy ride' off your Mrs once!

cool.gif
I know, she told me how quick the ride was.
laugh.gif

Fast and furious, is how I would describe it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ July 05 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ July 05 2005,10:00)]I got a 'Bumpy ride' off your Mrs once!

cool.gif
laugh.gif

She especially liked the bit where she commented on how bumpy the ride was, to which you replied:

"Why do you think I've got ears like this? Hold on tight!"

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 05 2005,09:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ July 05 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
[b said:

cool.gif
laugh.gif

She especially liked the bit where she commented on how bumpy the ride was, to which you replied:

"Why do you think I've got ears like this? Hold on tight!"

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

There seems to be some element of bovine waste going on here. Tilly has reiterated that a striker is his prime target and that everything else must wait until that is resolved. He has said the target may take weeks to secure and that its probably not realistic to be overconfident of his capture. Great! lets hang around for weeks, get turned down and then join the stampede for the dregs that are left. The squad certainly needs more than just a striker so why is he not dealing with that at the same time?. I am beginning to believe that there is more here than meets the eye. Is Uncle Ron playing a waiting game until he knows of his own position with Delancey before the cash is splashed or are we being fed nasty brown stuff about six figure players when there is F.A. cash available?
rock.gif

I think it's a bit strange that the club are telling us not to panic.

I reckon the club themselves must be a bit worried now, since they've been turned down on the basis of wages offered etc. It seems strange that on the back of record season ticket sales, Two cup runs, playoff final and two live tv games to come, we're not in a position to sign anyone that Tilly and Brush want.

Boston can sign someone like Julian Joachim (who scored a few goals at Walsall last season on loan from Leeds), yet we aren't linked with anyone. Weird!

The article on the official site suggests Tilly doesnt think this 'Six figure' striker will sign for us...

Obviously the player in question has better offers, so its unlikely...

Let down again!.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 05 2005,08:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 05 2005,08:15)]Our squad is more than capable in this division. It would simply be a luxury to have a few more players rather than a necessity to compete at this level.
I don't agree. We need a greater depth of quality and experience. We only have one LB and that's not even Wilson's natural position (I don't consider Nik Nak a LB .at all), we need an option of a CD with a bit of pace as back up to Spinner and Eagle. We also need one other option (at least) in a wide position and one more striker (if Dudders stays).

Without these, and with such a small squad, I think we could be in for a bumpy ride.
I understand what you're saying OS and I do agree, however despite the transfer window we are allowed to sign loan players at any time between August and mid-March so I'm sure that if we do need players in these positions Tilly/Brush will go out and get them.

I'd personally like Che to have a bit of competition at LB though right from the off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ July 05 2005,10:37)]I think it's a bit strange that the club are telling us not to panic.
They seem to have said it quite few times now too... there's more than a feint whiff of Captain Mainwaring about it now...

suspect.gif

Agreed. The messages the club are giving out hardly inspires confidence, and also seem to imply a lack of confidence in getting the players we need. We need to get moving on this and quickly IMO

Back