• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

We are in the NL, launch it in the box because thats the last thing the oppo want.

That’s literally the only thing they want. They don’t want players with pace running at them, they don’t want players with intelligence dropping into pockets of space and they don’t want to be turned by strikers running the channels. Lumping it is meat & drink.

That’s literally the only thing they want. They don’t want players with pace running at them, they don’t want players with intelligence dropping into pockets of space and they don’t want to be turned by strikers running the channels. Lumping it is meat & drink.
Except when they are Aldershot with no points but 2-1 up away from home.

Yes they may well head it clear but when your defending a freekick and the oppo play it square to player that doesn't want it, just like 2 minutes earlier. If you steal the ball and ultimately in ends up in the net for 3-1......Thats literally the only thing you want but would never even dream of.

No Johnny i'm not a fan of lumping it but certainly not a fan of *ucking about, just after a lucky warning and losing the game

confess to being slightly disappointed that no one new has been brought in during the past week or so. Still no additional striker, although a creative midfielder is prob more a priority, no new LCB bought in despite PB saying since the season started we needed one. One thing i did like under MM was that rarely was a new signing mentioned (not that he could sign many) unless it was a done deal. PB has always been the same where he says that we are looking at this player or that player, close to signing etc etc yet weeks go by with no action. Im off to Solihull Saturday and was at Torquay but seriously worried that not much is likely to have changed in the past 10 days or so meaning possibly or probably another unhappy trip home. Still confused by the whole Akinola situation. Despite what PB has said publicly surely a player of some quality that is on the clubs payroll at some point must be given a run of games to prove PB wrong, what is there to lose from doing so?

confess to being slightly disappointed that no one new has been brought in during the past week or so. Still no additional striker, although a creative midfielder is prob more a priority, no new LCB bought in despite PB saying since the season started we needed one. One thing i did like under MM was that rarely was a new signing mentioned (not that he could sign many) unless it was a done deal. PB has always been the same where he says that we are looking at this player or that player, close to signing etc etc yet weeks go by with no action. Im off to Solihull Saturday and was at Torquay but seriously worried that not much is likely to have changed in the past 10 days or so meaning possibly or probably another unhappy trip home. Still confused by the whole Akinola situation. Despite what PB has said publicly surely a player of some quality that is on the clubs payroll at some point must be given a run of games to prove PB wrong, what is there to lose from doing so?
There are four in we are having a good look at in training/u23 game- 2xCF, a CB/LB and of course Wright. But there are other irons in the fire. So there are players we could sign now, but maybe better players we could sign and are talking to- so as always keeping some balls in the air (and as we keep reminding ourselves no transfer window). So I don't think its fair to say the is no action.

There are four in we are having a good look at in training/u23 game- 2xCF, a CB/LB and of course Wright. But there are other irons in the fire. So there are players we could sign now, but maybe better players we could sign and are talking to- so as always keeping some balls in the air (and as we keep reminding ourselves no transfer window). So I don't think its fair to say the is no action.
To be fair i didnt say there was no action, im aware that we have some being looked at in training etc just think after the Torquay disaster we might have moved a bit quicker (if possible) to get in recruitments in especially given we had a clear weekend. Of those mentioned

Josh Wright - not good first time round and has no club, not really the answer
Simon Cox - rumours we are looking at him, could work but if right he was one of the bad eggs in the changing room when things started going wrong
Sunderland lad - 4 senior goals i believe in total and no goals in 10 games for Torquay
CB - bad injury a number of years ago and barley played more than 20 games a season

if the above is accurate excuse me for not getting over excited. Add to this we are paying Akinola a full wage yet for whateever reasons PB wont give him a chance to prove himself

For PB, lots to lose.

I think u will find he is winding u up !????

PB’s Honour !????

To be fair i didnt say there was no action, im aware that we have some being looked at in training etc just think after the Torquay disaster we might have moved a bit quicker (if possible) to get in recruitments in especially given we had a clear weekend. Of those mentioned

Josh Wright - not good first time round and has no club, not really the answer
Simon Cox - rumours we are looking at him, could work but if right he was one of the bad eggs in the changing room when things started going wrong
Sunderland lad - 4 senior goals i believe in total and no goals in 10 games for Torquay
CB - bad injury a number of years ago and barley played more than 20 games a season

if the above is accurate excuse me for not getting over excited. Add to this we are paying Akinola a full wage yet for whateever reasons PB wont give him a chance to prove himself
Josh Wright - a lot of football at a higher level and no doubt deemed worth a look.

Simon Cox - wasn't one of those I was thinking of but dependent on fitness as many have said could be very effective in that creative 10 role- but don't think its on the cards personally- at least as a player

Sunderland lad - you provide the one sided and negative - and therefore currently popular- way of looking at it - a positive slant would be Sweden u21 international, 8 first team appearances at Sunderland, goals at Prem 2 level, and rated by some Torquay fans.

CB - as has been explained he was playing pretty regularly in the Scot Prem in 19/20 until Covid- I think even on here we would be stretched to moan about him not playing after the season in Scotland was ended. Last season he was consistently in the matchday squad- mostly on the bench with 4 starts. So fit, available, selected just not starting/getting game time. Overall 300 games to his name and he is still only just 30

The second CF is Couilthurst- again the preferred focus will be on the 10 games without scoring most recently. The 30+ in 90+ at Barnet ln L2/NL immediately prior of course quoted far less.

We seem to be in a "One Foot in the Grave" reality show at the moment. I don't think getting over excited is a realistic expectation :-), but at least we should be objective and accept its not automatically all bad either. And of course there are number of players we are chasing that we don't know about. We know about the ones mentioned because they are in on trial/training with us. It maybe the ones we are most after we would just sign.

Josh Wright - a lot of football at a higher level and no doubt deemed worth a look.

Simon Cox - wasn't one of those I was thinking of but dependent on fitness as many have said could be very effective in that creative 10 role- but don't think its on the cards personally- at least as a player

Sunderland lad - you provide the one sided and negative - and therefore currently popular- way of looking at it - a positive slant would be Sweden u21 international, 8 first team appearances at Sunderland, goals at Prem 2 level, and rated by some Torquay fans.

CB - as has been explained he was playing pretty regularly in the Scot Prem in 19/20 until Covid- I think even on here we would be stretched to moan about him not playing after the season in Scotland was ended. Last season he was consistently in the matchday squad- mostly on the bench with 4 starts. So fit, available, selected just not starting/getting game time. Overall 300 games to his name and he is still only just 30

The second CF is Couilthurst- again the preferred focus will be on the 10 games without scoring most recently. The 30+ in 90+ at Barnet ln L2/NL immediately prior of course quoted far less.

We seem to be in a "One Foot in the Grave" reality show at the moment. I don't think getting over excited is a realistic expectation :-), but at least we should be objective and accept its not automatically all bad either. And of course there are number of players we are chasing that we don't know about. We know about the ones mentioned because they are in on trial/training with us. It maybe the ones we are most after we would just sign.
Unboowleeeevaaable !! Rons love child strikes again, totally obsessed with One foot in the grave

Back