• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wayne Gray

DTS

The Business
8 days ago if you had asked me what I thought to Wayne I wouldnt have been to complimentry but must say the bloke was total class again today.

I know Fredy will get the plaudits but I feel Wayne was the architect for all that was good upfront today. His pace was always dangersous and he won headers he had no right too.

First goal was a super corss and his second - well if beckham had done it you would have seen it on Sky ever 5 mins. Fredy couldnt help but score.

Best thing for me tho is that he is a real fans player. Spent ages after Boston clapping the fans and was last man off the pitch today again which means a lot to me as we do pay a lot of money to watch these lads....

Top day out....

Agree entirely, and possibly the real Man of Match.

From the RBS Family Stand we had a great view of his cross for the third goal. The players all acknowledged it too in the celebrations.

Wayne is really putting in the effort now, and at League Two level all you need is a little skill to go with it and you are there.

Showing appreciation to the fans too means a lot.

Yeah, couple of weeks ago and I could see myself turning into a serial Wayne Gray knocker. The pace is suddenly there, he's frightening defenders and it won't be long before he starts banging them in for fun.

Gotta agree. 2 superb balls for the goals and he probably got more plaudits for the cross than Eastwood did for scoring. Thats what confidence does for you ...

Kev

cool.gif

Agree with all here! Wayne, whilst not the real inspiration here due to Fredy's awesome performance on his League debut, showed real confidence and ability today with his pace and enthusiasm. He is finally becoming an complete player and a real threat, especially with his wide play.
cool.gif

Totally agree with the other comments - Whilst Eastwood has to be awarded MOM for his debut hat-trick, it should be remembered that Gray's contributuion was immense and he never stopped running for 90mins.

Since his return to the team he seems to get better and FASTER with every game he plays. It's nice to see when most fans had their doubts about him that Paul Brush kept the faith and told us he will get better and will be the fastest player in league 2.
Well done to our Management team for their belief in the team, they like our playing side are displaying improvement as well.
The only way is up.

Hear hear well said paul I never doubted Wayne Gray for a moment see you sataday on the shrimpers express to Shewsbury .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Oct. 16 2004,23:12)]Yeah, couple of weeks ago and I could see myself turning into a serial Wayne Gray knocker. The pace is suddenly there, he's frightening defenders and it won't be long before he starts banging them in for fun.
You wanted to be one of Wayne Grays knockers did you?
biggrin.gif

I hate to do this but I am going to:-

I TOLD YOU SO.

I'm sure i'm not the only one that said it, but I said all along that all he needs is a little confidence and he would prove to be a good signing.

I also think he deserved to be man of the match yesterday. He was such a handful for the Swansea defence and they really had no answer to his pace and determination.

And the crosses for the two Eastwood headed goals were world class. Both of the were inch perfect, they beat the goalie and landed dead on Eastwood's head. The headers would have been harder to miss than score.

"The headrers would have been harder to miss than score".

Drewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe!!

This is only something i heard outside the ground but if true is a little worrying. Wayne Gray was talking to a man who seemed like he was someone important. I over-heard the conversation whilst waiting for the player's to come out. I heard Wayne say "Im really enjoying it here and im starting to play regularly." This was followed by the other man saying
"Yer, but do you wanna stay or get more money". After this was more mumbling that i couldnt hear and then the man said i'll give you a ring.
mad.gif

Back