• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What tune should we run out to?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Mar. 01 2005,20:22)]Anyone know that one that goes - dum dum da dumdee da die dee, de dum doo, do de dah!
Was that the one by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch?!

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,21:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Mar. 01 2005,20:22)]Anyone know that one that goes - dum dum da dumdee da die dee, de dum doo, do de dah!

WS

wink.gif
No silly, that was dum dum da dumdee da die dee, de dum doo, do de dum!!

What about getting the following recorded:

" Chim chiminee chim chiminee chim chim cheree, who needs Frank Lampard when we've got Bentley?"

Might do his confidence some good.:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,21:34)]What about getting the following recorded:

" Chim chiminee chim chiminee chim chim cheree, who needs Frank Lampard when we've got Bentley?"

Might do his confidence some good.:)
Why would comparing Bentley to a 50+ yr old coach do his confidence any good?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Mar. 01 2005,20:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Eternal Optimist @ Mar. 01 2005,19:49)]We need a southern band song.

McFly anyone?
Lead singer's from Bolton.
Dougie's (The bass player) from Corringham and Harry (The drummer) is from Harlow. So we now have a half Essex band. Essex music for Essex Boys, as MTS said earlier in the thread. Could have them play 'Obviously' (Obviously, were going to win again
biggrin.gif
)

Yes? No?

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,22:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Mar. 01 2005,20:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Eternal Optimist @ Mar. 01 2005,19:49)]We need a southern band song.

McFly anyone?
Lead singer's from Bolton.
Dougie's (The bass player) from Corringham and Harry (The drummer) is from Harlow. So we now have a half Essex band. Essex music for Essex Boys, as MTS said earlier in the thread. Could have them play 'Obviously' (Obviously, were going to win again
biggrin.gif
)

Yes? No?

wink.gif

biggrin.gif
No

You need a classic tune as the players to take to the pitch, not some piece of transient crap by U2, Mc Fly etc.

The current montage of tunes is also unsuitable. It sounds like it was put together by a mobile DJ.

My suggestion is:

Imperial March (from Star Wars films).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Mar. 01 2005,21:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,21:08)]
[b said:

WS

wink.gif
No silly, that was dum dum da dumdee da die dee, de dum doo, do de dum!!
that's the i'm blue tune by eiffel 65 or something and it goes Doo dumm dee doo dee dum doo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 02 2005,08:40)]You need a classic tune as the players to take to the pitch, not some piece of transient crap by U2, Mc Fly etc.

The current montage of tunes is also unsuitable. It sounds like it was put together by a mobile DJ.

My suggestion is:

Imperial March (from Star Wars films).
Nice choice..!

Alternatively we could go for March of the Valkyries by Wagner. Anyone who's seen the film Apocalypse now will be familiar with this. It's in the scene where the US Cavalry attack the VC village in the helicopter gunships.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 01 2005,09:30)]Said it before SHAM 69 - If the kids are united...!

nuff said  
wink.gif
My intial reaction is this would be great - but then I thought 'aren't they all West Ham fans'?

How about the last bit of "Land of Hope and Glory" by Elgar? Thoroughly rousing and patriotic stuff - and, of course, we could sing "We Love Following Southend..." over the tune.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 02 2005,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 01 2005,09:30)]Said it before SHAM 69 - If the kids are united...!

nuff said  
wink.gif
My intial reaction is this would be great - but then I thought 'aren't they all West Ham fans'?
Possibly, but what difference does that make? If we limit it to Shrimpers fans then we might as well not bother as we're not exactly snowed under with fans who are musically gifted.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 02 2005,13:27)]How about the last bit of "Land of Hope and Glory" by Elgar?  Thoroughly rousing and patriotic stuff - and, of course, we could sing "We Love Following Southend..." over the tune.

biggrin.gif
Morning has broken or the nutcracker suite could be winners as well, what about Beethovens ode to joy.

Smashing.......!
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 02 2005,13:27)]How about the last bit of "Land of Hope and Glory" by Elgar? Thoroughly rousing and patriotic stuff
I wont be singing it then

wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 02 2005,13:27)]How about the last bit of "Land of Hope and Glory" by Elgar?  Thoroughly rousing and patriotic stuff
I wont be singing it then

wink.gif

tounge.gif
Thank f**k for that...

Back