• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Wycombe Wanderers V Southend United

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Thursday afternoon now and Saturday's must get something match is approaching fast.
I hope the squad and club get over the disappointment of Tuesday by concentrating their minds, body and soul on a win PDQ.
I can't do a poll and don't need one to select my starting line up.

Bish

Elvis, Shaunhessey, Lennon, Ralph

Hammy, Milligan, Mantom

Cox

Hump, Lollipop.

1 nil Blues.

I'm fairly confident Bond will read out the team as follows:

Milligan , Coxy , Ralph , Elvis , Bishop , Brandon , Young Harry Lennon , Ethan , Mantom , John White , Joe.

Milligan , Coxy , Ralph , Elvis , Bishop , Brandon , Young Harry Lennon , Ethan , Mantom , John White , Joe.

Ah yes, that takes me back to Tuesday. Team read out in weird order and so fast you couldn’t keep up!

Bishop
Bwomono, White, Shaughnessy, Lennon, Ralph
Milligan, Hamilton
Cox
Humphrys, Goodship

Not sure it’s worth playing 4-4-2 at the moment seeing as it hasn’t worked so far and Ndukwu is our only viable option on the wings.

5-2-1-2 for me with Elvis and Ralph getting forward as wing backs and Cox playing behind the front two.

He can't possibly start Bishop ahead of Oxley. Not only are nearly all shots on target going in, but you need a bigger stronger goalkeeper if Akinfenwa is bearing down, if he plays.

He can't possibly start Bishop ahead of Oxley. Not only are nearly all shots on target going in, but you need a bigger stronger goalkeeper if Akinfenwa is bearing down, if he plays.
The truth is neither of our keepers in their current form are good enough for League 1. I'd probably play Oxley and hope he finds his confidence but neither of them give me confidence at the moment.

The truth is neither of our keepers in their current form are good enough for League 1. I'd probably play Oxley and hope he finds his confidence but neither of them give me confidence at the moment.

I'd get a loan keeper with experience in at this moment. Oxley is too flaky/ inconsistent and Bishop needs pulling out of the firing line.

In my opinion....

Dropping Oxley after Blackpool was a mistake. Bishop played v Stevenage but picking Oxley for Coventry said he was No 1....Bishop no matter how he played in the league cup should’ve made way for Oxley in next game....

If any other player had been as out of sorts as Shaughnessy or cost as many goals they’d have been left out by now...so I’m going Milligan in there to communicate and shore things up as well as helping us play how the manager wants us to play

Cox at the moment is so far off his best he’s a passenger. Harsh but sorry imo true....not saying he’s not our best player when fit but no pre season has caught him and he will either put in another poor performance or risk further injury....he needs to sit out.

So I’ll go 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 or however else you’d like to see it written on a pre match graphic....

———————Oxley———————

Elvis——Milligan——Lennon——Ralph

———————Hyam———————

———Mantom———Hamilton———

Ndukwu————————Hutchinson

——————Goodship——————

SOUTHEND United left-back Nathan Ralph will face a late fitness check ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Wycombe Wanderers.

More...

Just say our player welfare is a concern and get the game called off

A few interesting team ideas so far.......................
Grapes doesn't seem to have much goal threat and lots of new positional ideas for various players to try and adopt, for me not keen on the idea.
Amps has 3 centre backs and the occasions we have tried that in the past there has been too much confusion as to who marks who, who takes where, who closes down etc, again okay idea but not keen.
Mr Bond has made much of style of play and possession with pass, okay but forward please and some speed of thought and movement needed.
Bishop distributes faster and more accurately.

A few interesting team ideas so far.......................
Grapes doesn't seem to have much goal threat and lots of new positional ideas for various players to try and adopt, for me not keen on the idea

I’m not starting another row here honest guv....but just who is out of position or a new positional idea? It’s as round pegs in round holes as you’ll get!!

Back