• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeovil Fans In The East Stand

HUTTON

I thought under rules and regulations that the home and away fans had to be seperated, i could understand if the north bank was sold out and they really wanted to see their team that badly but it was 3/4 empty. I thought when they scored and they got up and cheered the stewards would have taken them to their own stand or chucked them out

maybe they were with shrimpers?.  My best mate supports swansea, and always sits with me in the east stand for sufc v swans, and I always sit in the home end at Swans.  

Of course, the vetch being the vetch I have to try not to cheer when we score which is not easy (especially when you only have 8 men!!!).

Folk in the east usually seem quite welcoming though and he's never had a problem at Roots.  

I do agree though that sitting in the East is fine but they should keep their celebrations down a bit, for their own safety more than anything else.  

Actually I remember a couple of years ago I won a competition here in Coventry for tickets to west brom vs cov - we drove to west brom, my mates all in cov shirts, to find that the cov based auction had actually given us tickets for the home end at the Hawthorns, the particularly hostile part of the ground too - that was a fun evening!
wow.gif

Yeah, there were two Yeovil fans who were near me in the East who stood up and clapped when they scored. I just made a point of looking at them when we scored though. To be fair, they did clap when our goals when they went in.

Why should this be a problem? I hate watching a game from behind a goal so at many away games I have sat in main stands with home fans. I have nevr had to tone down my "celebrations" nor have I ever had a problem. I cheered Ben Abbeys goals at Orient on my own in a stand full of O's. I was even in with the Farmers in the famous Area Final first leg and am still here. Maybe it is a certain demeanour rather than just being an opposition fan that causes problems?

Top post SK, jeez its a game of football that we all enjoy and should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with away fans, without getting paraniod when someone scores against us.

Yeovil fans and us are like best pals so it shouldn't have mattered all that much. There was hardly going to be any trouble between them was there?

Well there where a few Yeovil fans at the playoff final in are end, they must like sitting with us then.
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Who cares? This is what football is all about; standing together to watch a game without the fear of some Burberry-clad moron starting trouble ...

WS

Back