View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Southend Who?

Being a Southend fan has always had its drawbacks unless you lived in Southend itself. Coming from Benfleet which was deepest darkest West Ham country, you ran a dailey guantlet of abuse, sneers and general mickey taking which resulted in either physical retribution or attemps to ignore it. I chose both and normally came off second best but what can you do. Every monday I would either have to put up with abuse for losing the previous saturday or smart remarks that we must have got lucky and Rochdale ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Away Day Blues

Crewe Alexandra - Gresty Road

After a flying visit to the home of Crewe while waiting for a connection to take me to Vale Park earlier in the season, this was my first actual game at Gresty Road, and the 65th league ground that I have visited on my long quest to join the 92 club. As Gresty Road is barely 5 minutes walk from the railway station, I took the train, arriving in ...
    Categories
    Away Day Blues
  3. Away Day Blues, FA Cup Special

Oldham Athletic Boundary Park

After Southend held their higher league opponents to a commendable draw in the FA Cup round 2 tie at Roots Hall the Saturday before last, I made the short trip west along the M62 to Oldham for the Tuesday night replay. The winners have the added incentive of taking on Liverpool at Anfield in round 3 in January. I'm sure both clubs' ...
    Categories
    Away Day Blues
  4. Away Day Blues

Fleetwood Town Highbury Stadium

After two successive cup games it is back to the bread and butter of the league and a visit to Highbury Stadium and the home of the cod army, picking up my 70th ground in the process. Fleetwood have had quite a meteoric rise up the football ziggurat. But the architect of much of that success Micky Mellon was sacked last Saturday despite taking them in just four ...

Updated 30-03-2013 at 10:37 PM by maninasuitcase

Categories
    Away Day Blues
  5. Behind the Scenes of a Web-Site Heading to Wem-ber-ley.

I have been waiting forever to support my football team at Wembley.

Along with many other football fans I have seen England play at the old stadium but after the two-legged battle against Orient I will be heading down Wembley Way to watch MY team do battle in the JPT at the home of football.

ShrimperZone web-site has planned for the possibility of a big day out for a long time. After several attempts at finding a very reliable hosting company we decided the Zone needed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors