• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 18 2004,15:58)]<span style='color:blue'>Why do you want to know how much I earn, and of what relevance is it to you and to this SZ thread?</span>
How much you would be willing to contribute to keep Kev at the club perhaps?

Otherwise I have no idea

Me neither.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I&#39;ve just read through this thread and this garbage is exactly the point I don&#39;t post much on Shrimperzone any more.

mad.gif

Anyhoo, back to the topic I&#39;m in agreement with Yorkshire blues sentiments regarding Maher. I think he IS an excellent midfield general who is always at the nucleus of all Southend Uniteds play. I, for one, would be sad to see him go&#33;

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Surrey Shrimper @ May 18 2004,16:15)]Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I&#39;ve just read through this thread and this garbage is exactly the point I don&#39;t post much on Shrimperzone any more.

mad.gif
Sorry that we&#39;re not up to your required standard, my liege...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 18 2004,16:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Surrey Shrimper @ May 18 2004,16:15)]Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I&#39;ve just read through this thread and this garbage is exactly the point I don&#39;t post much on Shrimperzone any more.

mad.gif

tounge.gif
Tomorrow&#39;s headline in the Evening Echo

&quot;Matt the Shrimp in driving people away from SZ scandal&quot;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 18 2004,17:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 18 2004,16:40)]
[b said:

mad.gif

tounge.gif
Tomorrow&#39;s headline in the Evening Echo

&quot;Matt the Shrimp in driving people away from SZ scandal&quot;
He&#39;s got a point ...

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 18 2004,17:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 18 2004,17:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 18 2004,17:11)]Tomorrow's headline in the Evening Echo

"Matt the Shrimp in driving people away from SZ scandal"
He's got a point ...

Kev

cool.gif
As if I didn't know already...

ghostface.gif
I wouldn't say the blame just lies with Matt  
sad.gif

I blame the confusing comments that left me with no other option than a stupid one about me being Stuart Thurgood.

For the record, I'm not.

My point exactly. We have had a plethora of non-league players over the last few years that have had undoubted talent but find the step up to becoming full time pro's too much to handle.

Players like Scott Forbes, Tes Bramble, even Andy Thomson when he first came here struggled like mad (he came from Scottish part time at Queen of the South)... loads of talent and promise, slow to deliver the goods. Forbes failed, Thomson only really blossomed after about 2 seasons and multiple injuries, and the jury is still out on Bramble. But I think it's fair to say that he is at last chance saloon.

The first instance of plethora on the messageboard.

Dubbed 'Tes the cat' after that game.

Yes, apparently he could often be seen over at Boots & Laces sitting in his car screeching loudly in the wee small hours; coughing up hairballs in the showers or curling one off in the sand used for the bald spots in the goal mouths.

Back