• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

Greetings, groovers! We explored brave new frontiers on this week’s show with an extended featured album slot - and what an unusual album it is. That’s ‘Psychopastoral’ by Phil Burdett, a one-track wonder that references the travels and the travails of the poets William Blake, John Clare and Arthur Rimbaud, thus the title of this Noxcast. His Omniscience Flash Boredom brought us some glorious vinyl from the sixties and early seventies throughout the show, including some singer-songwriters in the second hour, in between segments of 'Psychopastoral.' It's St. Piran's Day on March 5th so we also played a whole host of tracks from musicians here in Cornwall, including our final track by Dave Sugarbeet & The Last Gasp Blues Band. This show is dedicated to Dave, a joyous and hugely talented violinist Bluesman from Helston - ‘The Cober Delta’, as he liked to call it. Rest easy, old friend. And I just know that you'd have loved the great fiddling by Steve Stott on 'Psychopastoral.'
https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spoone...ty-03318-old-poets-they-took-to-the-laudanum/

psycho-covewr.jpg

Playing the Albert Hall this April but at £132 for the cheapest ticket they can FRO.

Wow! Hardly "Living in the Past" at those prices - very much current and inflated! Worth looking at the Manchester prices and maybe staying over? Would still be miles cheaper than the Albert Hall tickets!

Supertramp..not much better than this..[video=youtube;n3Rzug1OWPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Rzug1OWPU[/video]

Best of Roxy Music & Bryan Ferry.

1) How great were Roxy?
2) How generally rubbish & MOR is Ferry on his own?

1) How great were Roxy?

Seen Ferry a few times.He has been well worth watching in the past.Not sure I'd bother again now. Never got to see Roxy in their prime unfortunately.BF plays all the Roxy hits plus a few Dylan covers,along with his subperb version of John Lennon's Jealous Guy, so if you've never seen him you won't be disappointed.Last time I saw him in Barna a couple of years ago now (just after/before his Glastonbury gig) he had a mainly female backing group,who were pretty good.

Last edited:

1) How great were Roxy?

1) The first 2 albums are great, I can take or leave the rest, although I do have a soft spot for their late '70s/early '80s singles from Dance Away to Avalon.

2) Agreed, with the exception of 1989's Bête Noire, which is a fantastic album.

Back