• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

Low - David Bowie.

Had it on my Ipod for yonks but never really listened to it. Sounds like a gloomy episode of UFO or the Tomorrow People. :hilarious:

woman at work recommended Infected by The The. I have no idea what on earth is going on here. There's cheese, politics, sounds like New Model Army remixed by Depeche Mode and just other random weirdness

I saw Mansun live. Awful band.
I saw them a couple of times - I thought they were OK. I mean, they could play competently enough, but didn't come close to blowing me away. Better on record, and better than the vast majority of British guitar bands in the mid to late '90s IMO. At least they tried to do something different.

That's funny, I played that album the other day for the first time in about 10 years! The sound is dated, but some of the songs are still really good. I still think it shares at least 75% of it's DNA with The Real Thing by Faith No more.

Really? Never though of that. TRT is a hell of a lot more rawk!

And I remember seeing Mansun live at the Brixton Academy back in the mid 90s and if I remember it, it must have been good. Saw plenty of dross back then that have long gone from my aging brain. :Hilarious:

Really? Never though of that. TRT is a hell of a lot more rawk!

And I remember seeing Mansun live at the Brixton Academy back in the mid 90s and if I remember it, it must have been good. Saw plenty of dross back then that have long gone from my aging brain. :Hilarious:
It is, but strip away the metallic edge of FNM (or add a load to Mansun) and I think they sound remarkably similar, and not just the highly effected vocals.

It is, but strip away the metallic edge of FNM (or add a load to Mansun) and I think they sound remarkably similar, and not just the highly effected vocals.

I shall stick it on next. That's a great album too, very reminiscent of my daily trips to college at Stratford.....

Back