• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Coming back to Spain yesterday ,refreshed and suntanned, after a
month's holiday in the South of France and Crete, I was of course
further uplifted by our recent excellent results against Millwall and
Watford.
So, in a momentary lapse of reason, I decided to renew my lapsed
subscription to Blues World.Big mistake!
Now although I renewed my Espanyol season card back in July the only
live footy I've seen so far this summer was the Brazil/Algeria game
in Montpellier last week(the same night England were losing at home
to Germany-some things never change,do they)?
Great as it was to watch Ronaldo,Kakka et al strut their funky
stuff,it really doesn't compare(for me at least)to seeing(and hearing)
Southend play.
Now I've subscribed to the Match Live(audio commentary)on Blues World
since 2002 with no more than the occasional glitch (when I imagine
some pr*t forgot to turn the commentary button on).So when I was able
(at last) to get a reasonably priced Broadband account here in Spain
(last January)I was more than happy to upgrade to the full BluesWorld
video service in Febuary.What joy it was to see(and hear)video clips
of our (not so)glorious efforts to remain in the Championship.To
relive the highlights of those games I actually flew over to see
against Barnsley,Leeds and Luton etc.
Until the last game of the season (away at Southampton)I had no
problems at all receiving the full BluesWorld video/audio service.
Then(as I've mentioned before on this list)in June and July just when
I was suffering from the worst sort of withdrawal
symptoms,nothing ,zilch-I was cut off from BluesWorld despite having
a current subscription until August.
Although I contacted the
online technical support service I still couldn't access any
video/audio content on BluesWorld.
And that remains exactly the
situation I'm in today:(
I'm hoping to be able(at least) to hear the Blues play away at
Brighton on Saturday but currently I'm not all that optimistic
really.
Why do I bother?
Because I'm a lifelong Southend supporter and fan who really should
know better.
Up the Blues,
Phil

I tried that when I lived in Berkshire but they suspend the broadcast on the internet "for contractual obligations" so it might not work.

Probably because of Blues World I guess.

Either that or my PC was not working properly.

I had a little bit of trouble last season ,could not hear live audio on a few of the away games .This season I couldn't make Leeds away so I was looking forward to hearing it live ,nothing ,drove myself mad trying to get it for about 70 minutes trying all different ,and same things .Also a lot of times watching match highlights I get a blurred band down the left side ,about 1/6th of screen and a lot of times no sound on highlights .If they could sort out all the problems ,it would be great value .

Premium TV are ****s. Remember you can just watch highlights on Virgin Media for free every Monday....

Didn't work for me last time I tried to watch something on it, as I was outside the UK, which was news to me.

Aye, they have all IPs from outside the country blocked. Still handy though, and the highlights are longer and better than anything PTV or ITV provide.

Aye, they have all IPs from outside the country blocked. Still handy though, and the highlights are longer and better than anything PTV or ITV provide.

Its not so handy when you are in the UK and its saying otherwise. I suppose i can always check on Bluesworld.

Tune in on the internet to BBC Essex they will have it as the main game as it is an away game!

I agree it is very frustrating to hear the blue - bbc essex wont work over here in ireland - so i just resort to the minute by minute text on bbc or football365 - virgin media on mondays does work however so at least i eventually get to see the goals...better than nout i guess :)

Have any of you tried the SZ chatroom on matchdays , obviously no commentary but you get the news as it happens and you can poke fun at the other users.

Back