• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for changes! Tilson and Brush out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated earlier in this thread, I think the point has been made here, and the thread could and should be locked - let the team's results speak for themselves, now.

But I can't let that comment pass. Those who regularly criticise Tilly and his team selections and purchases trot this one out every time the team starts doing well. If things go badly, then Tilly has to take the blame, they say, but if things go well then it is pure luck.

Cobblers.

. The only change that was made for the Gillingham match where Tilson didn't have at least two other players to choose from was in goal, .

erm,
i thought richards came in for this one too? and what about black for gower?
It does'nt really matter how many players he has to choose from in each position if he does'nt make any changes...does it?
The point i was trying to put across was that tilson appeared to be stuck in a rutt of picking the same players that were, for all intents and purposes, failing. It was as a result of having to change the 1st eleven through injury/fan pressure/divine intervention...that he finally came across a winning formula. Now i am really not trying to steal his thunder, just perhaps reminding those of you that can see no wrong, that there is perhaps an element of luck in this. For christ sakes, if we could see the short (pun intended) comings, why did it take so long for him!

erm,
i thought richards came in for this one too? and what about black for gower?
It does'nt really matter how many players he has to choose from in each position if he does'nt make any changes...does it?
The point i was trying to put across was that tilson appeared to be stuck in a rutt of picking the same players that were, for all intents and purposes, failing. It was as a result of having to change the 1st eleven through injury/fan pressure/divine intervention...that he finally came across a winning formula. Now i am really not trying to steal his thunder, just perhaps reminding those of you that can see no wrong, that there is perhaps an element of luck in this. For christ sakes, if we could see the short (pun intended) comings, why did it take so long for him!

Richards did come in but not because of injury in the centre of defence. There was still a choice available including, in Richards case, no change - he could have continued with B&C in the middle, but he chose to be radical in moving Adam to LB and bringing in Richards. Tilson's style is to be consistent with players and not to chop and change all the time. That means that sometimes he doesn't make changes as quickly as we fans (me included) would like, but it fits in with his style of management, which is all about obtaining the loyalty of his players, and then getting the best out of them. And I don't seriously think for a minute that Tilly changed the team because of fan pressure. This is his fourth season, his third full season. When are some people going to realise that just possibly the "luck" that Tilson is enjoying is something to do with him being a pretty good manager and motivator?

So what? Should he send you his posts first for checking, just to make sure you don't deem them "reactionary"?? It's a message board pal, stop taking yourself so seriously, you'll burst.

I find your comments utterly disagreeable and shall be contacting my lawyers with immediate effect unless you retract them. *clutches chest and spontaneously combusts* ;)

Obviously it's a messageboard and everybody has the right to an opinion - I alluded to that in my previous post. But I know I'm not the only one who has become frustrated with TTK's constantly negative posts. And I think a lot of people were annoyed that he chose to start a new thread when there were plenty of others about the Brighton game that he could have contributed to. As such, he was clearly being reactionary.

Ultimately, if you post strong opinions, like TTK did in this thread, surely others have the right to respond in an equally strong manner? That's also part and parcel of life on a messageboard.

I dont quite understand the hounding of this particular poster over a post that numerous other posters found at least a small affinity with?

I am sure that TTK, along with the rest of us are elated at our upturn in fortune but lest not forget that this current starting eleven was more or less forced upon the management due to reported injury's as opposed to being some master stroke on their part.

Indeed, we were forced into playing Leon Clarke. In fact, Tilly and Brush had no choice in bringing him in on loan; it wasn't their decision at all. It was quite obviously a panic buy.

This post surely should be locked by know!

What is the point of hounding people off the board? Surely a mb where everyone has the same opinion would be boring.

I agree that TTK is probably as happy as everyone else with the improvements over the past coupe of weeks.

The only people hounding TTK off this board are Tilly and Brush for having the temerity to produce winning displays. You won't see neither hide nor hair of people like TTK or Wiggy after a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back