• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football League newspaper

Would you buy the re-launched Football League Paper?

• Total voters

The 72

Hi Southend fans,

Just a quick request for your opinion. Apologies if I'm violating any forum protocols by posting this here. Mods - feel free to delete or move if I have, but I'd like Southend fans to have their say on this if possible.

Anyway, I work for a publishing company, and we're trying to find out if there's a call for the return of a weekly newspaper dedicated to fans of Football League clubs.
In a nutshell, Football League Weekly would come out every Friday or Saturday, and would contain news, interviews, match previews, away trip guides and features exclusively on Football League clubs. Some of you may remember the sadly defunct League Paper, which made the mistake of going up against the big tabloids on a Sunday. FLW would not carry match reports or rehashed Press Association copy.

If you'd like to have your say on what you think about this prospect, please click on the link to complete a simple, two-minute survey has been set up to determine whether Football League fans want more coverage in the national media in the form of their own, dedicated weekly newspaper.
http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=765652

Thanks a lot, and all the best for the season ahead.

Hi Southend fans,

Just a quick request for your opinion. Apologies if I'm violating any forum protocols by posting this here. Mods - feel free to delete or move if I have, but I'd like Southend fans to have their say on this if possible.

Anyway, I work for a publishing company, and we're trying to find out if there's a call for the return of a weekly newspaper dedicated to fans of Football League clubs.
In a nutshell, Football League Weekly would come out every Friday or Saturday, and would contain news, interviews, match previews, away trip guides and features exclusively on Football League clubs. Some of you may remember the sadly defunct League Paper, which made the mistake of going up against the big tabloids on a Sunday. FLW would not carry match reports or rehashed Press Association copy.

If you'd like to have your say on what you think about this prospect, please click on the link to complete a simple, two-minute survey has been set up to determine whether Football League fans want more coverage in the national media in the form of their own, dedicated weekly newspaper.
http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=765652

Thanks a lot, and all the best for the season ahead.

Will it be a single colour, 2 colour...full coulor?

Tabloid, or Broadsheet?

What would your circulation be?

What form of distribution would you adopt?

Will i be able to get a copy via subscription where i live???

I actually always bought the league paper, let the Mrs read the normal paper about which celeb has got off with whatever camp pop boy band tw*t, while I eat me breakie reading all about football.

Ahh bliss - BRING IT BACK , because on Sundays at the moment I actually have to talk to the Mrs now !!!

In this day and age football news if far more effectively given online.

Any written publications for me end up being old news by the time you read them.

If it wasnt trying to provide breaking news type of stories then it could be interesting but personally wouldnt really bother...

Any written publications for me end up being old news by the time you read them.

If it wasnt trying to provide breaking news type of stories then it could be interesting but personally wouldnt really bother...

Very Good Point

I'm completely different, perhaps it's an age thing. Rather than sit in front of a computer I would much rather spend a couple of hours reading everyline in a paper in a comfy chair, after a leisurely breakfast.;)

I miss the FLP paper, bring it back!

I miss the fact the FLP actually paid me to write my drivel. They promised me, though, that my musings and the publication going ti.ts up were completely coincidental ......

I agree but isnt that where the more feature orientated stories come into there own.

Like Cockles pointed out the other day regarding blues news. He was excited with the prospect of reading about Flavs going to see a Southend Fan in Hospital.

I'm sure this would be more useful if one of the mods would put a poll on top with options along the lnies off

a) Yes I would buy it most weeks
b) I would buy it occasionally
c) I would buy it if my team feature
d) I am interested but have other media sources
e) It's not something I would get

I agree but isnt that where the more feature orientated stories come into there own.

Like Cockles pointed out the other day regarding blues news. He was excited with the prospect of reading about Flavs going to see a Southend Fan in Hospital.

Yep, the less breakinging news stories would be more useful, interviews and features and the like.

Personally Id love a website that did that rather than a paper though :)

A couple of years back I ordered a copy for the morning after a Wedding in a posh hotel.
Describing it to reception as a Sunday sports paper you can imagine what turned up... my Mrs gave me a right earful for a pair of tits on the cover of The Sunday Sport sitting right outside our room all morning

I would love to see it brought back in a new guise and is a great idea. Being in print publishing myself I would also like to see/ suggest a decent betting/ match preview on a Thursday, Friday + Saturday 4 pages min, this will also attract the Saturday Racing Post sports readers (include Prem in betting preview only) you'll also make a load on ad revenue.
If you need an Advertising Manager - that's my bag so please do give me a call)

The biggest selling newspaper in my area is 'Super Deporte' which outsells most other provincial papers by a mile. It gives information, reports, stats and tables on Spanish football from La Primera all the way down to the Valencian Regional Segunda. I'd much rather read that with a coffee and churros than sit on the 'Net ...

Back