• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Up yer bum - we watch many films together - for example: Inside Out, My Neighbour Toroto, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Cinderella, Paddington. If she gets a bit more critical in her opinions 'cos daddy showed her the good stuff then that's a good thing.

You miss my point.
You being a film snob shapes her out look on things filmy like my step mother was an bbc snob and we could not watch any other channel til i left home and that made me wierd,watch out film snob.

Can't say for MK but I look for films that are interesting to me (hence why I rarely give a bad review). Now, that generally means I don't watch or care about most of the old classics like Godfather, Goodfellas, etc. Does that make me a snob or anti-snob or whatever? No. It just means I don't watch films I don't care about.

(As it happens, I was going to watch Pixels, then I saw the reviews. I don't have the money to waste on that crap. Same for Genisys or however Terminator spelt it.)

Can't say for MK but I look for films that are interesting to me (hence why I rarely give a bad review). Now, that generally means I don't watch or care about most of the old classics like Godfather, Goodfellas, etc. Does that make me a snob or anti-snob or whatever? No. It just means I don't watch films I don't care about.

(As it happens, I was going to watch Pixels, then I saw the reviews. I don't have the money to waste on that crap. Same for Genisys or however Terminator spelt it.)

Nuts maybe, they are stone cold classics.

You miss my point.
You being a film snob shapes her out look on things filmy like my step mother was an bbc snob and we could not watch any other channel til i left home and that made me wierd,watch out film snob.

Thinking about it, it won't just be films - she's never had any junk food, or a fizzy drink. Would rather eat a carrot or celery stick than sweets, and (hopefully) will support a lower league football team so plenty for the other kids to have a go at. Or she'll find her own way when she's older - but if its anyone but SUFC I'll disown her! *not really*

but anyway.....films.....

Nuts maybe, they are stone cold classics.

I know that, and appreciate why that's the case, but I still probably won't watch them purely because I don't particularly care for their genre. Can't stand Citizen Kane either, and Bambi and Snow White drive me mad. Still appreciate Orson Wells (even if I had to fact check the name, because I pretty much forgot the entire first year of uni on the basis of it was practically pointless and irrelevant). Still love most Disney films.

I know that, and appreciate why that's the case, but I still probably won't watch them purely because I don't particularly care for their genre. Can't stand Citizen Kane either, and Bambi and Snow White drive me mad. Still appreciate Orson Wells (even if I had to fact check the name, because I pretty much forgot the entire first year of uni on the basis of it was practically pointless and irrelevant). Still love most Disney films.

Has anyone ever called you 'SonicSmartArse' with a straight face?

Probably not. I mean, I can't hack the net to see you lot through your webcams and you're the only ones that do, so...

Taken 3 - 8/10 - A million times better than the 2nd one but not as good as the first. A really enjoyable watch and they definitely have scope for a 4th but I'd like to hope they end on this one.

Didn't realise that Liam Neeson is 63! I hope I look that good when I'm 63. I put him in his early 50's.

Kingsmen: The Secret Service - 9/10 - Brilliant and enjoyable spy film. Not normally a fan of Colin Firth but he is excellent in this. Might not be to everyone's taste but I really enjoyed it.

Assuming they can sort out Egerton's contract (Fox and Lionsgate are having a hissy fit because Kingsman 2's shoot clashes with a project he's doing for Lionsgate, ala Jennifer Lawrence) they're shooting the sequel next year. Should be out late 2016/early 2017. Of the sequels I've seen of his, I'm praying this is better than Kick-*** 2, because god that was dire.

Assuming they can sort out Egerton's contract (Fox and Lionsgate are having a hissy fit because Kingsman 2's shoot clashes with a project he's doing for Lionsgate, ala Jennifer Lawrence) they're shooting the sequel next year. Should be out late 2016/early 2017. Of the sequels I've seen of his, I'm praying this is better than Kick-*** 2, because god that was dire.

I'm watching a sequel at the moment Hot Tub Time Machine 2! I can't imagine it's going to be that great but it's easy watching. I think they should leave the Kingsman as it is with just the 1st one.

You're a bit of a film buff aren't you.

I did media in college for three years, I keep my toe in.

And it's yet another Robin Hood film he's shooting. The imaginatively titled Robin Hood: Origins.

Thank Christ I'm not in school, I got enough stick over Robin Hood thanks to Disney and Costner. I don't need the jip from the crap BBC series, the woeful Scott film and this as well!

EDIT: I may have just run my mouth off and have been put in a situation where I am forced to watch Mean Girls. How ****ed am I?

Last edited:
Bridesmaids was on C4 last night so watched that instead of the rugby union. Laughed a lot, but it did feel a little too long. 7/10.

Picked up Dominion & Arthur & Merlin from HMV in their £7.50 each trending rack. The write-ups and covers looked good but I won't spoil either film by giving a synopsis. They are probably afternoon viewing and merit 4/10 combined score. Yep, that good!

Nightcrawler. Very dark twisted take on US sensationalist news, that is sadly very believable. Jake Gyllenhaal is superb. 8/10

Inherent Vice
. Kind of a confusing mess, but a very well acted, funny & clever mess. Extra half point for having Joanna Newsom in it :slurp: 8.5/10

Saw The Go-Between again last night.Not as good as the recent BBC adaption,IMO but still stands up well.Don't think I've ever seen Alan Bates give a bad performance (either on stage or film).

Back