• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Enjoyed The Bookshop by Isabel Coixet (Catalonia's finest filmaker) with Emily Mortimer and Bill Nighy.Wonderful old-fashioned piece of filmmaking.Look out for it when it gets a UK release.

Also saw Family Plot again last night.Saw Hitch's last film when it first came out back in the early 70's.Didn't much care for it then.Seeing it again now it's obviously a delicious black comedy.I must have been a shallow young man.:dunce:

Beauty and the Beast 7/10 and Moana 8/10 last night - had my daughter home to stay so we had a girly night!

Didn't like some of the camera work in B&TB and Emma Watson was too "Hermione" for me, I thought Moana was terrific though - lot of fun.

Mary Poppins - excellent of course, but a little bit dated and overlong IMHO. Sometimes they really should have subtitled Dick Van Dyke.

Mary Poppins - excellent of course, but a little bit dated and overlong IMHO. Sometimes they really should have subtitled Dick Van Dyke.

Mary Poppins is beyond criticism - DVD's accent apart. And only a year or two younger than me! One of the best films ever. The remake has an awful lot to live up to.

Paddington 2 - 9/10. Better than the first one. Hugh Grant brilliant.

Maudie - Sally Hawkins plays disabled Canadian "folk" artist Maud Lewis. It's all right, screams Oscar bait but it's a very bleak film. 6/10

The Man with the Iron Heart

WW2 based on the true story of the assassination of a high ranking SS officer. The brutality isn't for everybody (though it is not gratuitous).A little over 2 hours long but it didn't seem like that. I've just read some of the reviews and sometimes I just don't understand critics. I thought this was excellent. Well worthy of an 8 out of ten.

And nobody can EVER, EVER slander Mary Poppins!

Justice League. Pretty good, a lot of unnecessary hate around what is a very enjoyable, fun, superhero movie. Some great action, I still like Affleck as Batman, I liked Cyborg more than I thought I would, Momoa as Aquaman was badass but kind of thin, the Flash is the heart of the movie and really funny. Not as good as the Wonder Woman movie but it's still an up curve for the DCEU. 8.5/10

Geostorm - 5/10 Crap. Kingsman: The Golden Circle 8/10 I loved the first one and was impressed with the second. Not sure it beats the first one but still great!

Dunkirk 5/10

All the big names and was expecting a lot from it, but its poor.

Watch this film and you get the story of how 300 soldiers got rescued by about 20 boats.

How Nolan fails to capture the scale of it with the CGI available I have no idea.

Dunkirk 5/10

Watch this film and you get the story of how 300 soldiers got rescued by about 20 boats.

How Nolan fails to capture the scale of it with the CGI available I have no idea.

Agreed. Thought it was quite poor.

Dunkirk 5/10

Yes, although 5/10 is possibly fair if not watched in a big screen situ; the spitfire scenes are great to watch. It is ridiculously loud though but very little plot cohesion or depth of characters plus time span of sequences is all over the place.

Detroit 8/10 Enjoyable film. Something I really know fairly little about so it was interesting for me. Will Poulter and a few other actors were excellent in it.

Dunkirk 5/10

I still haven't seen it but haven't heard great things, just a few "yeah it was okay" probably due to the subject matter, no one wishes to be overly critical - thanks for honest assessment.

Back